Mine and 'The Wifes' Lupos

LoopyLing

Sorry i've been using this forum for almost a year and not introduced myself. Here's 'our' motors!

The Wife's had hers since May last year and it's been fun. It's a 1.4 75bhp 'S' in Fantasia Green (obviously). It's got a Longlife Cat-Back system on it which annoys her a bit but i think it sounds cool. Had a few problems with the car, but they've been sorted and it's now spot on.

IMG_2155s.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

IMG_2171.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

I got mine last weekend: It's a 1.4 E but with electric windows and pop-out rears!? It's yellow, but i'm not sure of the exact colour. I got it to cart me to uni and back every day. Planning on a 60 or 40 mm drop and maybe some alloys (depending on how much my uni loan is!), definately going to rip the rub strips off though!

IMG_2791.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

IMG_2789.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Si.

Edited by LoopyLing

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look fantastic, two of the more bolder (better) colours!

I would have thought a 1.4 e with electric windows and pop out windows was a 1.4 s? does it also have central locking?

I those carpet plug things for you too, I'll keep them in the car, bound to see you around.. I can chuck them through the window laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Wanted to be able to find it in car parks as easily as we can find The wifes!

Mine's an E, says so on paper work somewhere.. All mine is lacking is colour coding and the jump forward seats.. It even has central locking... rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Cheers for the mat things i'll boot the wife into action sometime soon as she works in your area wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Si.

They look good. People used to take the mick out of my fantasia green sport but I still think it suits the car very well. Nice to see you are considering spending your student loan on something useful! I spent mine on my car/ bike/ booze instead of rent. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Wanted to be able to find it in car parks as easily as we can find The wifes!

Mine's an E, says so on paper work somewhere.. All mine is lacking is colour coding and the jump forward seats.. It even has central locking... rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You do get some odd spec cars about, ours is an 'S' model, but also factory fog lights, heated seats - the big red stripe style (not leather) and a weird rear bench seat with three headrests, I've never seen another Lupo with three rear headrests.

Rich

weird rear bench seat with three headrests, I've never seen another Lupo with three rear headrests.

Rich

3 rear seats was an option throughout all years on the E, and S models...

hardly anyone opted for this option as the third seat was practically useless

At first I didnt like the fantasia green at all, but it really has grown on me.

The two colours really make the Lupo look like a fun car to own and have.

(I miss my strange green golf, for its colour. I feel boring now with a silver car)

Get a few pics of them together, like in your sig.

Nice to see someone else with two Lupo's on their drive. I think they look a bit lost sometimes when they're on their own wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> .

I like the bright colours too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> .

I have 2 lupos and 3 polos and the g/f has a polo.

think im following the same trend!

although the colours are black, black, red, red, silver, silver blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Mr. Petrified what do you want 5 cars for!?!?!?! IMG_2846.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

IMG_2845.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Best £19 i've spent on the car i reckon! It's a Polo wiper and it fits my car better than it fits my sisters Polo!!

Si.

Looking good, great colour combo there shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Ive got the aero type wiper on my Arosa, i couldnt get mine to fit though and had to trim it down, only just noticed that the arosa and lupos have different bootlids and rear windows - the aosa window wraps round the bootlid where as the lupos has metal, it also must be smaller glass if i had to trim my wiper down, might be the reason wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Chris

Edited by cardaft

The wiper goes round so quick i couldn't tell if it was going over the top of the glass, onto the bodywork. I think it might as it's slightly longer than the original arm / blade combo...

How do you trim them, do you pop the little end cap off and stanley blade it then replace cap??

Cheers

Si.

The wiper goes round so quick i couldn't tell if it was going over the top of the glass, onto the bodywork. I think it might as it's slightly longer than the original arm / blade combo...

How do you trim them, do you pop the little end cap off and stanley blade it then replace cap??

Cheers

Si.

The best thing to do is to work the wiper and turn off the key and try to get the wiper to stop at the top of the screen then look and see if its overlapping.

I know when i fitted my wiper i mentioned that i needed to trim it when other people havent needed to so you might be ok.

Yeah i took the cap of the end and cut the rubber and the plactic parts then filed new slots for the cap to sit into.

Chris

Cheers dude. It's spot on as it is! How weird. I'm sure Zoe (my sister) had to trim her "Polo wiper" to fit her Polo!

Picking Lupo Sport alloys up tonight smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Si.

Cheers dude. It's spot on as it is! How weird. I'm sure Zoe (my sister) had to trim her "Polo wiper" to fit her Polo!

Picking Lupo Sport alloys up tonight smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Si.

yeah i know, weird.

I saw u bought them, good deal, and should look really smart on your loop.

Get some pics up when there on cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Chris

Fitted me an Aero wiper today:

Best £19 i've spent on the car i reckon! It's a Polo wiper

and it fits my car better than it fits my sisters Polo!!

Si.

Looks really good, yet another OE 'mod' I really want to

do to mine. What part no is it or could I just ask for a rear Polo

aero wiper at the stealers?

was it easy to fit?

Sorry for all the questions, but looks really good!

Piece of cake, 30 second job.

I got mine from VAG Parts

Simply pop the hinged bit at the base of your existing wiper, undo 13mm nut, slide on new wiper and tighten up supplied new 13mm nut.

Si.

Cool sounds like another little job for next month, thanks for the info.

Got My Alloys last night after some amazing organisation on my part (400 mile round trip, forgot to get the sellers house / mobile number!!)

She's a little bit Land Rover esq but i've got some lowering springs on order so that'll be sorted soon enough!

IMG_2852.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Rubbing strips off as soon as i can find the floss.

Si.

Look good smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I acutally think the plack/yellow combo looks great.

Ill have a hunt round for some pics of Jens old 1.0 which was fantasia green. We sprayed the front grille metallic black, and added some black tinted headlights. really transformed the front of the car.