Picture of the day

ArosaMike

Cool poster i took a pic of back in 2006ish after one of the most fun and strange nights of my life.

I went to a party in the derelict Lord Napier pub in Hackney wick.

There were people randomly playing chess, juggling glowing balls, Fire breathing and the music

was like techno / accid meets hillbilly hoedown totally incredible and i have never found anything like it since.

I cant quite remember where it came from or quite why but in the car on the way home i was eating dairylea

on jaffa cakes spread with a silver knife that just happened to be in my friends glovebox, Hackney should only

be taken in small doses.

poster.jpg

Edit: just found my pics of the juggling dude

balls.jpg

Edited by Unheard

That's ****ing cool J!!! I thought it was the top of a cake at first! :lol:

HAHA wouldnt have been a bad guess :lol:

Different view and more on my flickr page

2763054777_c8e7e551d1_o.jpg

Edited by JBOB

In that one everything was pitch black (It was 1.30am !!!) except for the town in the background. I used a 15sec exposure and f5.2. When its that dark its really easy but to get this effect during the day then you need to use something like a Neutral Density filter ..... It lets you use a slower shutter speed without losing all the light or colours.

CLICK HERE

The shot that Chris thinks looks like a cake :huh::lol: was 30 sec because there was no light at all !!

River Brahan at The Hermitage June 08

IMG_5706.jpg

Tv = 1/4

AV = 8.0

ISO = 80

with a bit of correction using PhotoShop 7

i presume tv is shutter speed i know what that does just a case of knowing which settings to use

av is appeture i know what that means it's how much of pic it focuses on

iso i think i know what this is it adjusts the brightness of the pic right

what does exposure change about the pic

sorry for the 21 questions i'm new to all this bought the girlfriend a sony a200 but then we broke up before she'd payed me for it so now i stuck with it and am begining to like this photography lark

i presume tv is shutter speed i know what that does just a case of knowing which settings to use

av is appeture i know what that means it's how much of pic it focuses on

iso i think i know what this is it adjusts the brightness of the pic right

what does exposure change about the pic

sorry for the 21 questions i'm new to all this bought the girlfriend a sony a200 but then we broke up before she'd payed me for it so now i stuck with it and am begining to like this photography lark

What Is... Exposure (Tv)?

When you take a picture with your camera set on Auto mode, you are delegating responsibility for determining the correct exposure to the camera. Depending on the 'brain' (or programmed chip) inside your camera, the result may be pleasing or not to your satisfaction. But before you blame the camera for your lousy pictures, it pays to understand a bit what goes on behind the scenes when you press the shutter release button. In this article, we are going to look at what 'correct exposure' means.

What Is... Aperature (Av)?

The main function of a camera lens is to collect light. The aperture of a lens is the diameter of the lens opening and is usually controlled by an iris.The larger the diameter of the aperture, the more light reaches the film / image sensor.

Aperture is expressed as F-stop, e.g. F2.8 or f/2.8. The smaller the F-stop number (or f/value), the larger the lens opening (aperture).

[Note: Many camera user manuals today will refer to the aperture in terms of "aperture value" instead of f/value. I'm not sure when this trend started but don't get confused between "aperture" and "aperture value." Aperture value" is simply another way of saying f/value.]

In practice, unless you are dealing with a fixed-aperture lens (many simple point-and-shoot cameras have only one fixed aperture), the aperture of a lens is usually expressed as a range of fstops.

What Is... ISO

ISO sensitivity expresses the speed of photographic negative materials (formerly expressed as ASA).

Since digital cameras do not use film but use image sensors instead, the ISO equivalent is usually given.

What ISO denotes is how sensitive the image sensor is to the amount of light present. The higher the ISO, the more sensitive the image sensor and therefore the possibility to take pictures in low-light situations.

And, where you would have needed to physically change to a different roll of film if you wanted a different ISO speed, digital technology allows you to simply dial one in. In this way, you can record images taken at different ISO speeds on the same memory card.

There are loads of photography website out there which will give advice and tips. Some even let you post images and other members give you feedback and constructive criticism. Click on the links above and have a read of the full tutorial.

wow wish i had seen this before i went out i've always left the iso on it base setting in manual mode (100) had to use like 30sec shutter for some of em heres a few from tonight they'll be better next time the car will probably be clean and i know what iso is now lol

loopgrafiti.jpg

nielspolo.jpg

DSC01863.jpg

DSC01862.jpg