Picture of the day

ArosaMike

ahhh nostalga. . . .i can remember when black jacks & fruit salads were just a penny each ! good pic BTW

christ thats a while back, i thought i would be the oldest on here at 43 !

6287409916_e65cfb6be0_z.jpg

"Duck a l'orange" by Ray Crabb, on Flickr

Orange rubber ducks used in a marketing campaign on the front fence of the Ambleside Salutation Hotel and Spa.

Rather interesting and I couldn't resist a cheeky phot or two.

6280719931_2ed5b8e364_z.jpg

MADE IN ENGLAD by Ray Crabb, on Flickr

Well, I've got the Levi's of my youth and they feel oh so familiar, so after a conversation at work with a similar aged colleague, I took the next step and started looking at my footwear.

Dr Martens. I got my first pair at 13, from a factory footwear shop in Boscombe. My mum for the life of her couldn't understand why I wanted work boots, but she relented and took me to buy a pair. Again like the Levis, from that first pair I was always in posession of a pair of 1460 boots and 1461 shoes.

Until around 2003. I bought a new pair of boots, but never got on with them. Leather didn't break in the same, stiching wasn't the familiar yellow and there was something just not right; I thought maybe I'd grown out of the relationship.

I now find that since 2003 Dr Martens have been made in Taiwan or China. From inferior leather, with copied stitching and sole units. Hmmm...

IMPOSTERS

...but guess what, a short while ago, Dr Martens released a new line "Vintage". Made in the original factory, handmade by cobblers, with original quality materials and from the original 1959 last. Unfortunately they come with a hefty price tag, but hey, for the cause!

Youtube Video ->

Original Video

i always struggle with panning shots so was happy with this result

6309923681_93ea89dbed_z.jpg

sea vixen by mrpbentley, on Flickr

anyone got any panning tips ?