Alarm

Want an aftermarket alarm fitted to my lupo but i dont know which on to go for?

I want remote control centeral locking as well as full closure on windows ect.

I hear Clifford are good but are there any other companys out there who do a decent alarm kit?

Thanks

Luke wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

I've never had a problem with any of my Clifford alarms either, although I did end up using Toad instead as you seem to get a lot more for your money & their just as good.

Edited by Max69vk

Oh, and three years on, the origonal battery still work!

Yep, cant argue with that one! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

just make sure you get good fitters,

i took my leon cupra r, into a reputable fitters who said they had done vag before, they ended up blowing the courtesy system and logging ove 20 faults on the ecu, cost them £500 from seat to sort it,

and then they told me that i would have to unlock the car with both the flip key and the seat fob,so in the end i gave it back, and got a blackjaxx system-which are very good imo.

jake

I have a Clifford concept 600 on my fiat. cost a fortune, and got it fitted at a supposedly good place. Loaded with most features, remote central locking, wind up windows, anti car jacking, fuel cut off.

Couple of months after fitting it decided to drain all power from the battery and then refuse to turn off as it thought someone had cut the positive supply. I might also at this was 3am sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

After it got fixed everything was fine, but I lost confidence it after this episode. I'd try toad myself next time.

As said though, the most important thing is to get a good fitter.

Couple of months after fitting it decided to drain all power from the battery and then refuse to turn off as it thought someone had cut the positive supply. I might also at this was 3am sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

That would be done to the fitting rather than the product though.

cant fault toad at all, got one fitted to my own lupo, one click of a button locks the doors and windows go up

cliffords are also very good alarms ive had a concept 300 and 500 on previous cars just make sure the place thats fitting it knows what there doing otherwise they have a tendancy to go bonkers

i got the toad ai606 with total encosure (windows) and tilt sensors

had no problems with it after 10months, but i cant find anyone who will fit remote engine start with it, i may have to DIY it after learning more about electrics

I want a AI606 too and i have e-mailed 5 garages near me about it as i need C/L put in too.

How many got back to me?

A big fat 0! angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

Had a toad Ai606 on the car about 5 ish years, had loads of problems with the sensers also draining the battery...

On the up side the fob is still on its first battery coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

• 4 weeks later...

Bringing this thred alive again!

I spoke to Clifford alarms on tuesday and decided to price up an alarm system fully fitted and life time warrenty for the lup.

Very good alarm system with remote control central locking, internal heat sensors which even work with the windows open, warning noise if anyone touches the outsie or goes very near to the car aswell as bonnet and boot opening sensors.

All seems very good and they cauld even do finance but when i worked the total price out it came to just over £900 so ive told them i will think about it!

That seems very steep to me so just wondering what you guys and girls have/or wauld pay for a decent clifford alarm?

Thanks in advance smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I got quoted £400 on a Clifford G5 Concept 650 a few weeks ago. That's got all the gizmos, such as window closure, proximity chirps and I'm pretty sure it's got remote start. Just look on the clifford website for full spec. But £900 seems very steep.. unless it was the Concept 950 you were quoting.

Hope this helps, Dave.

I have this one......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOAD-AI606-CAT-1-ALA...1QQcmdZViewItem

...the fella came out within 1 week (when it suited me) and for £280 i have tilt sensors, total closure, proximity sensors etc etc etc and it is THE NUTS!!!!

BEST ALARM IN THE WORLD....i hope

Thankyou both for the advice, both alarm systems look fantastic but not sure which one to go for wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

£900 now feels very steep to me, have to give Clifford a call back and maby try and knock the price down smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />