Alarm

Dont use a clifford... Far to technical, too many things to go wrong...

Lee's recomendation of a TOAD alarm is a good one...

I'd Also consider looking at "Cobra Alarms" I've got a cobra on mine running the central locking, had it since a week after i got the car, and its NEVER Gone wrong

Simple two button opperation - One button turns the alarm on / off, The other button acts as a panic button, or for 20 seconds after the alarm is armed it can be used to Isolate the ultrasonics (i.e. if your leaving the window slightly ajar in summer)

when i worked at car music centre we only ever fitted cobra, sigma and TOAD alarm kits, however we repaired any car alarm except manufacturer standard... We WERE an authorised clifford repairist, but we binned that off cos we were sick of doing warranty work for them, and getting rubbish money back from labour claims

Edited by nfbr

Luke mate. I'd be careful what you go for. I went for an all singing, all dancing clifford system and regretted it as soon as a week after.

I had all those extras on you said about. The external sensors are pretty poop, mine would detect wind, but then completely ignore me staring in the window sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Either get a cheaper clifford system, which just does the basics. So you have immobiliser, internal sensors, and window wind-up (one handy feature), but leave all the rest. Its just not worth the money.

I shelled out something like 600quid for my concept 600 on the fiat, and end the end I had most of the system turned off becuase they are just for dam annoying. E.g Carjacking system, great idea in theory, but an absolute git in reality.

think carefully before shelling out lots of cash smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

*edit*

And I also forgot to mention, the alarm ECU died one night at about 4am and wouldn't turn off. Now remember disconnecting battery is no good as clifford systems have built in battery. So, cut a long story short, I had to leave the dam thing chirpping away for an hour till its own battery died.

It then took a month for the installers and clifford to admit it was the systems fault, and nothing to do with the car....

Edited by Joe