VW Remote Flip key

Mike_M

Wanted a flip key as this is the first VW I have had without one and missed it loads blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> so bought a three button off a Passat that had the same frequency and was for the same age car and took a chance.

I taught the car the new remote using some insructions I found and it took it by beeping at me smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> then tried to lock and unlock the car and that worked smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Finally I thought the third button which is for the boot would not work.........but how wrong I was. It unlocked the boot without unlocking the rest of the car and once the boot was opened then closed again, the car re-armed itself automaticaly biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I opened my spare key and put the imobiliser chip from that into the flip key and just need my mate to cut me a key blade that is coming soon.

I am really chuffed cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I guess its 315Mhz . You must have got lucky there. There are two frequncies they operate with. It depends on the last two letters of the the part number.

315mhz is for jap market, ours run at 434mhz in the uk

Thats a cool mod mate smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I like a lot, especially as the boot button works. Makes you wonder why its not supplied with the car if the alarm is programmed to do it anyway sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Yeah the remote is 434Mhz new style as the old ones are 433Mhz.

I too was suprised that the features all worked........can see myself using that a lot instead of alway double or triple clicking the normal remote to unlock the boot.

I had to put my lock back in my de-lock to program the new remote and it took a whole ten min to do that program the remote and de-lock the car again smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

No dealer required!!!

Even if I did require I used to work for one and could have had it done for free smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Did Mine today. part no ending with P. listed for a New beetle.

Programed the blip. Had a new blade on it so i got it cut. Dismantled the key so i could swap chips over. Had to mod the case slightly but it works a treat. cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Take the remote and split it as if you are going to change the batteries and there will be some text that will tell you the details that you need to know.

Sorry to be a dumbo. I am a novice in every sense... but keen to learn blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I did as you said, it says >PA6-GF30<, have i got that right? can u tell what this means? or how to go about finding out what it means

tabitha blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

• 5 months later...

sorry to bring up such an old thread, i have bought one of these keys, and for some reason it is not programming to the car(the one where you have the original in the ignition and the new key in the door lock)

the part number of the key i have bought is:

HLO 1JO 959753 AH

Hella 434MHz

could it be the key that is faulty or am i doing something wrong?

sorry to bring up such an old thread, i have bought one of these keys, and for some reason it is not programming to the car(the one where you have the original in the ignition and the new key in the door lock)

the part number of the key i have bought is:

HLO 1JO 959753 AH

Hella 434MHz

could it be the key that is faulty or am i doing something wrong?

Does the 434MHz match what is on your current key?

Mine sasy 433MHz

Chris

Didn't know about this!

Finally I thought the third button which is for the boot would not work.........but how wrong I was. It unlocked the boot without unlocking the rest of the car and once the boot was opened then closed again, the car re-armed itself automaticaly biggrin.gif

How cool biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> .

Anyone got a price for one of these??