Philplop's Red GTI - SOLD!

Philplop

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ...aye we just need the new fella with the anthracite one to come along and we will have the complete set!

cool, they are still to announce a time there but, iam sure if we keep check we will soon find out!

Just had a check on e38, and they say 6pm on July 30th, so that should be fine, might be able to get my mate to convoy up in his 6n Polo too.

Wanna all come down to Whitley Bay for 7pm at the Club GTI meet after trying to get as many as poss for the convoy over, but it's up to you? Sorry for the post hijack, I'll not do it again. whistle.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":whistle:" border="0" alt="whistle.gif" />

Wanna all come down to Whitley Bay for 7pm at the Club GTI meet after trying to get as many as poss for the convoy over, but it's up to you? Sorry for the post hijack, I'll not do it again. whistle.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":whistle:" border="0" alt="whistle.gif" />

Might do, I'll just do what everybody else does biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Perhaps this could do with its own 'Meet' thread.

car looks fantastic! very jealous!

got anymore plans?

Jen x

Thanks. Ditto. :D

Just a few things. ;)

PS, I told my mate I wanted my wheels powder coated black, and he said he thinks white would look better, but I told him it's already been done, very well, I may add.

Edited by Philplop

• 4 weeks later...
I take it your front wheels scrub like a bitch on your arch linings?

Nope, it only scrubs on a certain corner near my house, which is a tight left hand bend on a decline, if I take it wide there's no problem. Are you having problems with scrubbing?

Nope, it only scrubs on a certain corner near my house, which is a tight left hand bend on a decline, if I take it wide there's no problem. Are you having problems with scrubbing?

Only if i corner hard round tight bends. Annoys me though.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my new wheels fitted today, Compomotive TH-Mono's, 15*8 in black. Also got a stubby aerial in the post (thanks Dale), so that went on too. BMC CDA went on a couple of weeks ago.

Had loads of scrubbing on the rear passenger side wheel on the way back from the tyre place, so I had to put the adjusters back in and raise it up a bit DSC04575Large.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by philip_wilkinson1

nice one ,look nice in black

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

They look really good, i like the silver centre caps too.

I was thinking of painting them actually, but now they're on I like them more. They feel really cheap and nasty though, they're like pie tins. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Tyre blackening is my job for tomorrow.

fair play phil - that looks the dogs knackers!! ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />