WILL SHE SURVIVE

black loop

Woman drivers,

says it all, smashed my loop today in2 the back of a dewoow full front end gone, zender concept front bumper with number plate resess smoothed, gone, custom 1 off smothed grill and indicator pannel, destroyed, 2headlights, bonnet, passenger wing, buckled, plastic casing that holds the radiator and headlights in a dozen bits, inner wheel arches, gone, over all a pretty poor day,

the smash itself a classic woman manover, she pulls out at a round about with me behind her i give a quick glance to my right make sure theres room for me to go then next min shes on the ankors n she gets shafted by my baby loop. the damage to her dewoow nebia [or what ever] well much does a bottle of tee-cut cost, says it all ur lucky if there wz 2 scratches on it not even a dent no nothing the damage to my loop ahhhhhhh over a £1000 thats me getting mates rates bt what do i do now need some advice

im 3 months short in having my 4years no claims then i can protect them,

she has agreed for me to pay for the damage at my garage of choice [just aswell bigger discount]

but the damage to the loop is 2 expencive the insurance would prob write it off

do i claim and hope thay pay out for a write off then buy it back from them and loose my no claims

im 23 n my insurance has just gone down to a reasonable level any advive would be grately needed as ill need an awnswer wedensday night latest

cheers

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say "she's willing to pay at a garage of your choice". Why don't you clarify that thats the case and if so miss the insurance out and get her to pay privately.

Good luck!

S!

worth remembering that if you claim your insurance you will only loose a years no claims and not the full amount that you've built up. If it's about a grand in total it might be cheaper to pay it but any more and you should probably claim, yoru supposed to tell them anyway even if you pay for the repairs, the other driver might notify their insurer with your plate so they might find out anyway as they share the databases for accidents.

Also, a lot of garages would not undertake such a huge amount of work after a bump unless its going via the insurance.

It just to ensure that you don't end up out of pocket.

You went into the back her her mate its your fault. shoul have been watching her as well as checkin the sides.

however sorry to hear of your loss was a cracking car. Will your mate who done the work orginaly not sort u out? Hope you get it sorted. Say hello to Nicki sheera for me eh.

Paddy

Edited by Scottish_Sport_16V

I don't really understand the original post, but why not just put in a claim, thats exactly what you use insurance for in this instance.

Sure, it'll bump up your future insurance costs a little bit, but then you just roll with it and either shop around or change your car to something of a lower group. If you'd just done minor damage then of course, I'd say pay for it out of your own pocket, but it sounds like you've really ****ted the front end (not sure how if there so little damage to the other car, how fast where you going at impact?) then a full on claim is your only option surely.

Sorry to here that man but I'm sure it won't be long until someone tells her that its your fault. If she tells her insurance company thay will say it's your fault and will not let her take the wrap. If she keeps it outside of the insurance then really it will only be a matter of time until someone fills her in, sorry dude it was your fault, remember you should always be able to stop in the distance you can see infront of you - I didn't in my 205gti 1.6 years ago and paid the price.

yeh it was my fault id admit that she had a minor part to play if she didnt fkin hesitait, the cars surely fked think the insurance will write it off passenger door wont open coz the wing has been forced back the bumper n the grill were 1offs dont think thell sort that, phoned abt today bt the insurance ill loose 2 years of my no clains which is a bit of a bummer bt ill cost me over a grand so just going to put it through the insurance and hope i can buy it back if i get a pay out, and if i dont repair it any 1 need spairs / nahhh joking ill get it sorted hopefully

cheers for the help anyway

how do you figure £1000 to repair with 'mates rates' youd be getting ripped off if it was a wings only £65 if not less brand new id be surprised if it cost more than £500-£600 with paint etc

if you claim YOU will pay for this mistake for the rest of your driving life thats why many people dont claim for good reason you can almost guarantee that it will cost more in increased insurance premiums over the years and the fact that many places dont like people who have had crashes, so think carefully before proceeding with this one if the engines still running and block aint cracked etc id repair it, and not all insurance companys let you buy the scarp these days

wayne

yeh it was my fault id admit that she had a minor part to play if she didnt fkin hesitait

no offence, but im sure it will cause some, but what the feck?!

you drove into her, its 100% your fault.

make the dam claim, its cocking about like this that gives young drivers a bad name.

and in future please try to pay attention....

if you claim YOU will pay for this mistake for the rest of your driving life thats why many people dont claim for good reason you can almost guarantee that it will cost more in increased insurance premiums over the years and the fact that many places dont like people who have had crashes

Yes, your right, but I think in the long run a fairly minor accident like this won't make future insurance as big a problem as you make out.

At 19 I had a full whack claim after buggering up my car of the time good and proper, it was my fault, nobody else was involved in the claim and it was a fairly simple process. Sure, my premiums for the following year, and the year after that were a bit of a killer, but now, 5 years later it has very little effect on my insurance costs.

Take the long term view and I wouldn't even hesitate to stick in a claim for the car, that said, we haven't seen any pics of the car or any idea how much actual damage has been done, if it could be solved with £500-£600 of repairs then paying for it out of your pocket may make sense.

no offence, but im sure it will cause some, but what the feck?!

you drove into her, its 100% your fault.

make the dam claim, its cocking about like this that gives young drivers a bad name.

and in future please try to pay attention....

pmsl laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

if it could be solved with £500-£600 of repairs then paying for it out of your pocket may make sense.
sorry Andy thats basically what i was saying in a round about way but was tired laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

wayne

Just reading the original post and I would be supprised if there is no panel damage to her car...plastic bumper spring back to shape and without having a look at the back panel or boot floor there is no way you can say its just a few scratches...claim on your insurance and stop blaming women drivers for you not paying attention and leaving a sensible gap between you and the car in front.

I wouldnt like to go into the 'mates rates' costs of your repairs but if you wanted to post some pics and a list of all the parts needed I could give you a figure!

ok bonnet, wing, inner wheel arches,2 headlights, plastic front pannel that holds the headlights/ radiator got these all priced for abt £450 zender front bumper £250 had the number plate resess smothed so the labour work to do that again mesh grill and the grill that holds the indicators these were smothed together aswell so more labour costs think all that takes it close to £1k claimed insurance any way dont get a courtusy car till tuesday thats 2 weeks since i smashed it shocking thought u got a courtusy car within 48hours

One of the most common accidents on the roads, you assume the person in front is going to go on the roundabout because you would in that situation, so you check right to see if you can go as well, and totally miss the fact that in fact the person has decided not to pull out after all.

Unlucky sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Sorry to hear about the accident, the exact same thing happen to me last august im my pug, she pulled out at the island as if she were gonna go, i looked right and went smack in to the back of her rover 25!!! wrecked the front end of my car!!!

Only she didnt offer to let me sort it out privatley, she insisted on doing it thought the insurance!!!! and she only had a few scratches on her rear bumper!!

I lost my 2 years no claims, and have had quotes since this to renew my insurance and supprisingly it has only made about a £20 - 30 per year difference on the premium for me!!

I know its your fault same as it was my fault, but it dont make it any easier to take in, i was gutted and still insisted she were stupid for pulling out and then slamming the breaks on!! LOL

It happens to the best of us!!