nfbr's TDI

nfbr

made a huge difference al, well worth the effort. makes him look sooooo smooth! which tar remover did you use? im terrified using any form of abrasive "remover" on a black car! would the quik clay have the same effect as the tar remover? going to take mine off soon too i think!

Jen x

you'd probably end up with bits of sticky stuff stuck in the clay tbh...

I used autoglym tar remover... It did the job excelent, apart from the last foot of sticky stuff took me over an hour to remove omg.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Edited by nfbr

For starters...too f*ing clean laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Although in fairness, I did contribute to the result @ wkend! But my effort was better!! hahaha

Amazing how much of a difference it makes isnt it Al!

I tried talking him out of it, but did he listen? rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Why am I one of few who keep their rubbing strips? sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Ahh well, lupo likes to be different!

I used autoglym tar remover... It did the job excelent, apart from the last foot of sticky stuff took me over an hour to remove

And my god ain't you been moaning about that all day.... laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Overall, yeah very nice Al, now stop cleaning the ******* thing, putting everyone else to shame! (especially me!)

Although in fairness, I did contribute to the result @ wkend! But my effort was better!! hahaha

Yeah you did a great job helping me give häns a good clean, but then again, i did have to do all the low down bits you couldn't reach on both my car and your car tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> So i think good efforts all round their smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

And my god ain't you been moaning about that all day.... laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Yep...

Overall, yeah very nice Al, now stop cleaning the ******* thing, putting everyone else to shame! (especially me!)

Nope...

• 2 weeks later...

I think the dice (xmas gift from a colleague) really turn the interior around biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> its quite funny seeing them get in the way on heavy corners aswel... lol. the evil side to gravity...

Ok i'll admit i was wrong earlier to say don't do anything else! That looks fan bloody tastic one of my favourite lupos, everything looks spot on. thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />

looking very nice biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> going two do any more mods biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Since the coilovers i've not stopped thinking about having a full leather retrim done, i was lookin at a dark red leather which i rekon would look really nice, but i've seen that someone has already done it on a black mk6 polo, it looks great but i dont wanna make whoevers polo it is look less of an "original" idea. I'm currently sticking £150 a month away in a bank account to go towards this said retrim, and i'm hoping on spending no more than £1000.

That looks fan bloody tastic one of my favourite lupos, everything looks spot on. thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />

Shucks.. you guys know how to make me feel proud blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I'm not sure weather to leave the car stripless as theirs a fair bit of paintwork which looks to ve damaged as such, so in reality i'd like some way of covering it up. I recently saw that on the new passat they have some nice Chrome rubbing strips, so soon as i get home i'm gona have a go at photoshoping some on and see how well it looks... I think it should look quite nice, just the matter of how much they will cost and how i would go about cutting the rear ones down in order for them to fit propperly

Hmmmm not so sure on the idea of the chrome strips personally mate, id rather throw it in a good bodyshop and have the paint defects sorted out myself, however I wont say nothing untill I see a photoshop first, hehe!

How comes you aint been on msn, your like ALWAYS on there normally ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Lee.

My router packed in, and as i was still connected to pipex (or so they thought) i couldn't re connect... bit like walking through a door, You can't walk through it again the same way, without walking back through it...

Still got a hint of mini R32 to it!

Defo, looks well cool in this pic

clean1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

I think the red interior idea sounds good too, with a red alcantara headlining. cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I think the red interior idea sounds good too, with a red alcantara headlining. 060.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Gorgeous isnt it...

Still got a hint of mini R32 to it!

Might sound a bit gay, but thats pretty much what i was aiming for in the first place smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Made me real proud of myself when the guys at Awesome gti all made the same comment lol

Edited by nfbr

From this:

6yj2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

To this:

6PICT0108.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

In less than a year smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Took my rubber strips of last week, used tar/glue remover then t/cut and a good coat of autoglym, looked great no fading marks until i washed it yesterday in the freezing cold and now the passenger side has a white mark down where the strips were, any ideas why anyone??

I used autoglym paint renovator, then a few coats of wax, then i Washed the car a couple of weeks later, used Megiuars clay detailing system, then applied a coat of autoglym super resyn polish, zymol cleaner wax, and finally a coat of autoglym ultra deep gloss. I was gona put extra gloss protection on, but it had gone too dark.