Anyone retro fitted pop outs?

dailydriver

Not done it but we were talking about this yesterday and it looks like all the bits will fit. The gti has the recesses for the hinges to fit into, just a case of trying it to see if it works!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

martin was saying the other day that only the early gti's have the recesses...mine doesnt...

martin was saying the other day that only the early gti's have the recesses...mine doesnt...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mine doesn't either! but tdwindutries does! but his is experimental! lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We looked at Kev's (No1 Slayer) and that's an 03 with the recesses so that's quite a new one. Also my 04 sport even has the holes alredy drilled for them so i think i'll gather the parts together and it should be dead easy to do.

Spent a bit of time hassling the parts guy at my local dealer. Cost from VAG is 190 big ones.

Part numbers should be;

W6X3 847 099 L Side Window x 1 @ £36.05

W6X3 847 100 L Side Window x 1 @ £36.05

W6X3 847 105 01 C Fastener (catch) x1 @ £21.38

W6X3 847 106 01 C Fastener (catch) x1 @ £21.38

W6X3 847 145 EB 41 Seal for frame x 2 @ £22.31 each

Plus the following screws etc.

WN 102 854 02

WN 902 521 04

WN 905 988 04

WN 905 988 04

Not too sure on the quantities of these, but shouldn't be too hard to figure out. This mod will be coming soon to my Sport.... smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Wow i was expecting it to be more than that, will be coming to my sport soon(ish) too in that case!

Very helpful that BTW with all the part numbers too. thumbup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="thumbup.gif" />

very handy in summer and i dont get much wind noise of them to thumbup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="thumbup.gif" />

I tell you what would be a real cool conversion with the pop- outs.....

The BMW 3 series coupe has rear pops which are controlled electrically. I assume they must use very small motors to do this, probably located in the trim by the rear winows. I am sure that we have enough skilled people on this forum willing to investigate this and possibly do the same?

First man(woman) to do this to a Lupo/Arosa wins my undying admiration!!!

lol i got 2 of these for that but just have'nt got round to looking at it properly, i dont think they open out as far mind.

• 4 months later...