Jump to content

Just bought an almost new 2003 Lupo. Lockdown Toy!


Recommended Posts

From eBay I have bought a June 2003 registered Lupo 1.4S. One owner and 12,800 miles, genuine. Bought from pictures!  I’ve shipped her to Jersey and have re registered her here. Upon inspection she needed a new seal on the gearbox transmission but is in as new condition. Silver with a sun roof. I’ve just fitted an original VW CD player. The standard steel wheels are to be replaced with original new 6J alloys with 195/45R15 tyres. The original tyres are ok having only covered 12k miles but have flat spots as the car was stored for almost four years. Sadly the elderly lady, first owner has died. The car must have been her pride and joy as it’s mint and will stay that way. I’ll only cover 1k miles a year in her. Great little car. She needs a little use now to free up the engine. 

9722633E-EB5E-4BA1-9005-B576B6C537F0.jpeg

645BED63-A30E-4473-8307-52E44834EC66.png

91759D4E-7FA6-4B88-A7DA-E05EF32304B3.png

EDD73BA3-55E8-4BD1-9D08-AE9C2E6CD3B8.png

B5F85808-A96A-4C1A-A462-6AC9417AFC70.png

453ED61E-9E47-46A7-B481-48A4DA1E1ED2.png

4CA39006-80FD-4945-B79E-504048DD5D42.png

85153C7A-D54A-491A-A265-578A9A1CA390.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! You lucky thing. I bet the exhaust will need changing, as it probably never got hot enough to blow out the condensation. What a find! Yeah underseal it everywhere, especially the subframes. 👍🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know where those photos were taken, about 5 mins up the road from the garage I work at! Epsom Downs, home of the Epsom Derby! Sadly the dealer on the reg plates doesn't exist anymore, we have a couple of staff members here who used to work there. 

Nice example you have found, be nice to keep it mostly original I guess, with a few choice upgrades.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

John Ashley disappeared about 20 years ago! At least the branch in Kingston down the road from the polytechnic (sorry, university 😂) that I knew as a kid. How did I miss this one on Ebay!? What a bargain.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What is going on? Not fair. Almost new mint Lupos just turning up here and there after all the hours I put in to make mine just like these bargains?!

where did you find it and may I ask how much?

And welcome to CL :)

 

Edited by mk2
Can't see that image... :(
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mk2 said:

What is going on? Not fair. Almost new mint Lupos just turning up here and there after all the hours I put in to make mine just like these bargains?!

where did you find it and may I ask how much?

And welcome to CL :)

 

A lady on Facebook was asking if anyone had a cheap automatic for sale and the guy said he had a lupo. 
 

she didn’t take it so I did. 
 

It has a full main dealer service history up to 2018 and it sat since then. 
 

he wanted £750 for it with a basic service but I got it for £500 without. 
 

I got 2 new tyres for £90 and £101 for full service kit minus leads as they didn’t have in stock. 
 

it’s mainly for my wife to run around in but it’s about as perfect a car that has ever been created. I seriously love the manual windows as I’ve previously has problems with the drivers window randomly opening and closing on another lupo I had. 
 

the auto is ideal as my rotator cuff has been giving me issues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I think you have done very well indeed. My Lupo with 12,800 miles was from a dealer £3750. But more to bring her into Jersey with the taxes etc. But worth it, she’s almost as new and now I’ve cleaned and polished the car, and engine bay. New alloy wheels, VW originals set her off with four new tyres. Also I’ve fitted a VW CD player which looks and sounds great. Has an electric sun roof ! Do you know who I can trust to do a cam belt change please?   Thanks,  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Pinny said:

I think you have done very well indeed. My Lupo with 12,800 miles was from a dealer £3750. But more to bring her into Jersey with the taxes etc. But worth it, she’s almost as new and now I’ve cleaned and polished the car, and engine bay. New alloy wheels, VW originals set her off with four new tyres. Also I’ve fitted a VW CD player which looks and sounds great. Has an electric sun roof ! Do you know who I can trust to do a cam belt change please?   Thanks,  

Liam down at mobile motorworks done the cam belt and waterpump on my last lupo. I’ll be taking this one to them to do the same. 
 

he’s in between Normans and la Collette. Behind the old fisherman’s pub there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you have done very well indeed. My Lupo with 12,800 miles was from a dealer £3750. But more to bring her into Jersey with the taxes etc. But worth it, she’s almost as new and now I’ve cleaned and polished the car, and engine bay. New alloy wheels, VW originals set her off with four new tyres. Also I’ve fitted a VW CD player which looks and sounds great. Has an electric sun roof ! Do you know who I can trust to do a cam belt change please?   Thanks,  

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Yellow don't forget to service the auto box. They need >both< gearbox fluids changing at least every few years. I bet it's never been done. And while at it, the filter in the gearbox should be changed and both magnets cleaned too. Worth doing if you want the car to last. Everyone neglects automatic gearboxes... they need some love too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2021 at 9:04 AM, Pinny said:

Thanks very much. This is a great help and I will get in touch with him. If you have his mobile no it could help. Thanks. Ian 

No problem. 
 

I’ll pm you his number

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good evening Yellow!!  I have been in touch with Liam and she is all booked in for a Cam belt change.  It's a manual car so OK there.  Also some members have recommended the box sections be treated so when she is on the ramp Liam will waxoyl the box sections. I have a store here so she will not be used all year and preserved as original as best I can.

 

I will post a couple of photos again soon.

 

I need one original rear headrest if anyone knows of one in good condition.  Thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pinny said:

Good evening Yellow!!  I have been in touch with Liam and she is all booked in for a Cam belt change.  It's a manual car so OK there.  Also some members have recommended the box sections be treated so when she is on the ramp Liam will waxoyl the box sections. I have a store here so she will not be used all year and preserved as original as best I can.

 

I will post a couple of photos again soon.

 

I need one original rear headrest if anyone knows of one in good condition.  Thanks 

What colour head rest? I picked up two black ones from eBay but I need grey. 
 

would you part with the steel wheels?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.