looking for insurance (17 years old)

chippi218

hi boys/girls

looking to insure my lupo 1.0 e

mods tinted windows/ lowered/ wheel spacers/ alloys

ive been getting quotes for around £2300 which i think is good considering a standard Citroen saxo 1.4 is like £3000 to insure but it has now suddenly bumped up to £4500 and im NOT happy. that is rediculous

i dont see how its gone up that much

that is for fully comp/ full uk license

i might end up selling it due to the insurance.

is it worth giving the insurance companies a call

who is the cheapest company to go with

2300 sounds about right mate (unfortunately) try everyone in the admiral group; admiral elephant and bell. They've got me insured for that price and i think i'm pretty much the same situation. they do their best deals online as well which makes for nice easy price hunting

no, go direct to the company, i found when you used comparison sites they couldnt get the details right (like if i added alloy wheels on a comparison site it would show up in the details for the insurance as optional extra wheels etc.) if you're going to do it, do it right

• 2 weeks later...

Go to the Admiral group. They seem to be best for first time insurers. I would go third party fire and theft for your first year, then fully comp the next year.

My 1st year was £1700 then it dropped to £870 a couple of weeks ago and I'm now fully comp :)

sounds really bad.. how about just insuring it without mods and waiting 1 year?

For my 1st year (20 years old) cost me £1200.. would have been £1400 if I hadnt added both my parents onto my policy.. they have over 30 years no claims (saved me a good £200) :)

get it on a multicar policy if you can, i've just turned 17 and i will be paying about 1300 with mods declared fully comped

How are people getting these quotes? did you ring? im having a quick look online for prices now. I pay £1200 mods not allowed. after 1 years driving expericence etc im getting online quotes from Aviva multi car for well over £5k.

How are people getting these quotes? did you ring? im having a quick look online for prices now. I pay £1200 mods not allowed. after 1 years driving expericence etc im getting online quotes from Aviva multi car for well over £5k.

Theres no magic formula. You are who you are, tell the truth and shop around.

thats for when i pass my test and (will own) a full uk license with mods tinted widows front/rear lowered alloys wheel spacers

both quotes was by elephant.co.uk

23kx7gl.png

and this is the price for the provisional also with mods and this is what i brought outright for the year then i will transfer the insurance to a full uk license

PRice on provisional is £1105.50

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Admiral/Elephant are good, Admiral were the cheapest in my case. Add your parents as named drivers and ring them up so you can haggle. Admiral called me today and I got my quote down a few hundred pounds.

Edited by IAmConorr

@chippi218 - no, I'm just about to pass my test, so I haven't got any no claims bonus. I think I'm just going to get a 1.0E and make it look smart and not worry about the power for now...

Also, what insurer is that with?

@GTi-Git - Lucky! :( I remember my dad telling me his first car was a MK2 Golf GTi which was fully kitted and that only cost him peanuts to insure, how times change!

Edited by IAmConorr