Main dealers - are they all useless!!

kingy89

Right then, in january i took my lupo to the local vw dealers (stoke vw) asking about the 12 year corrosion garrentee with me having rust bubbles coming on the roof near the runners. They took some photos and sent them to head office to see if it would be done under the garrentee and said they'd get back to me in 1-2 weeks which I thought was quite good but 2 weeks on nobody had rang me. On the 3rd week i rang them to see what was happening and said theyre still waiting for a reply and theyd get back to me. 5 weeks later i went into them and asked what was going on as nobody had got in touch with me and when i had rang about it i was told someone would ring me back but they never did. So the lady looked into it while i was there and brought a job card out and said weve just recieved it this morning (which i ddnt believe) saying that it would be done 'free of charge' and booked my car in for the roof to be resprayed, then she went off somewhere and left the job card on the desk and the reply date was nearly 3 weeks ago :o When she came back i asked her 'when did you get the reply again?' and she said 'this morning!' so i was like how come it says this date on here, and she came up with some excuse. Sorry to go on lol

Anyway last monday i took my car to stoke vw to have the roof resprayed and they gave me a polo bluemotion while they had mine which i thought was rather good :) I was told it had to go to liverpool to be resprayed but it would be collected till later that day on a flatbed truck which i was obviously fine with and that it should be ready thursday, theyd call me on weds to update me. Weds had came and i heard nothing, by 4pm thurs nothing so i rang them but the person i needed to speak to was busy and theyd get her to phone me back, 1hr later nothing so i rang again and she was still busy, i asked if i could speak to someone else but apparently they were all busy so she said shed get her ring me back within the next 15mins. She still hadnt phoned me so i ring again and asked the lady for head office number and she was asking why so i told her and she said 'hang on a sec, shes here now' (conveniently) The woman then told me that the car wont be back her till monday afternoon as the weather ment they couldnt start it on tuesday so theyre a little behind. I then asked if it went on the truck ok as my cars lowered and she said the lads tried everything to get it on but it wldnt go so we've had to drive it to liverpool and we'll have to drive it back :o I wasnt very happy at all as they ddnt even ring me to see if it was ok to drive it there, plus you just know some young lad has just raped it all the way there :angry2:

Went to pick it up tonight after work tonight and the woman said its all sorted for you, its had a complete roof respray! So i was happy at that :) Went outside to it and it wasnt a complete roof respray, just a repair (you carnt tell at all but i knew because there was still a little scratch in the very centre. I said it hasnt had the whole roof done, just a repair to that area as theres still a mark there and showed her. She still says it has had the roof completly resprayed :o Anyway i wasnt that bothered as you cannot tell wheres been repaired i just wanted to show her that it hasnt had done what she said. So i started my car up and noticed that the ecu 'check' light was on and asked her whats happened with my car :angry2: she says it was like that when i dropped it off :o i was like it was definately not!!!! She then got a technician to plug vagcom in and was coming up with afult so he cleared it and said it was nothing, it happens from time to time :o I go to drive off and its fine for about 200yards and then the car goes into limp mode and the light back on. I go back in and say its doing it again and they said it needs looking into properly but you'll need to pay for the labour! I then started making a fuss saying i dropped the car off in perfect working order and its now in limp mode after youve had it, why should i pay for it etc but they just said take it up with head office. Im never going back to stoke vw again and going to complain to head office!!

Sorry for goin on abit but thought id let you guys know of my troubles :rolleyes:

I had a look at my car yesterday and replaced the coil pack and spark plugs and its fine now :) but that cost me £85 at trade prices so im going to ring head office in a sec and see what they say.

Definitely get on to the head office about it. Might be just a coincidence at the end of the day but you expect the car to be in working order when you get it back. They should've fixed it rather than you having to do the job yourself although most of the time that's a good option if you know what you're doing! Not sure whether you'll get any money out of it with doing it yourself but worth a try and even if you don't it's still worth putting in a complaint about the dealership.

Ive spoke to head office today and the lady there was discusted with the service they have gave me and put everything on the system but said theirs not much she can do as they are a frachise dealer so i need to speak to their brand manager. If i dont get anywhere with that she says phone her back :) Thing is its never easy trying to get hold of someone like that :( ill get on his case 2moz!!

speak to trading standards and and ombudsman.

The service is disgusting to think they drove your car x amount of miles for a jub they didnt totally complete then give you it back with faults .

Btw did they log the mileage before it went, how many miles is it from point to point , and did they leave the same amount of fuel in after?

speak to trading standards and and ombudsman.

The service is disgusting to think they drove your car x amount of miles for a jub they didnt totally complete then give you it back with faults .

Btw did they log the mileage before it went, how many miles is it from point to point , and did they leave the same amount of fuel in after?

As far as im aware they didnt log the mileage and yes there was more or less the same amount of fuel.

Did you know the mileage before hand, and roughly what would be the distance there and back to the garage to get the work done

Did you know the mileage before hand, and roughly what would be the distance there and back to the garage to get the work done

The mileage they've done is about right so i know they havent been here, there, n everywhwere. Im going try this brand manager 2moz and see what he has to say and then go back to the lady at vw head office

I have alot of contact with lots of different main dealerships,

Some are good, some are very good, and some are VERY VERY bad.

One thought I'd though, service do get seen badly as your not happy that the vehicle is broken in thebfirst place.

Good lucknwith the pursuit VW customer service (IMO) are awful.

Mark

I have noticed you can wait for ages just to buy a part from Stoke VW. Not the quickest at doing much it seems.

Do you live in Burslem, think a mate of mine has seen your Lupo a few times.

But now I know Stoke VW have agreed to do the roof, I will use Stafford VW saying Stoke agreed it.

I have noticed you can wait for ages just to buy a part from Stoke VW. Not the quickest at doing much it seems.

Do you live in Burslem, think a mate of mine has seen your Lupo a few times.

But now I know Stoke VW have agreed to do the roof, I will use Stafford VW saying Stoke agreed it.

When i used get parts from them it used be around 4-5 days but now i go TPS :)

Yh i live in burslem, what cars ur mate got??

When i used get parts from them it used be around 4-5 days but now i go TPS :)

Yh i live in burslem, what cars ur mate got??

He lives in a street near you I think, the road the goes up past the corner shop, he lives in one of the new houses where they change from old to new, keeps saying he see's a Lupo exactly the same as mine near him. Well he says it Blue with a center exhaust and wide wheels. :D

He drives a not so nice silver Punto.

Edited by steve200

He lives in a street near you I think, the road the goes up past the corner shop, he lives in one of the new houses where they change from old to new, keeps saying he see's a Lupo exactly the same as mine near him. Well he says it Blue with a center exhaust and wide wheels. :D

He drives a not so nice silver Punto.

By Dimensions leisure centre, im like the street nxt to where hw drives up :)

Ive spoke to the service manager who agreed to refund me the money for the parts that were replaced aslong as i bring the reciept :) so i went down to them and she woulnt refund it because its wear and tear items :o so yet again i kicked off as she'd just said that they'd refund it, in the end shes had the parts that i replaced along with a photocopy of the receipts to show her manager and seeif he'll refund them (i made sure she signed a bit of paper saying i left them with her to cover me). She was supposed to ring me back today but suprise suprise ive heard nothing :angry: im just going to go down on monday and demand to see the brand manager (head guy there) and take it up with him.

Edited by kingy89

• 4 months later...

You need to try VW... Totally crap!

Saying that, I will be there 9AM tomorrow to order some more parts, and collect the ones that have come in.

TPS FTW.

Edited by 99hjhm

I was having a full on argiment when I was getting a price for a clutch.

Its a cable clutch sir

No its hydraulic

I have the technical sheet here sir, Its a cable clutch

I have the car here and its hydraulic

Im afraid you must be mistaken sir

then why is my cable clutch pissing DOT4 all over my drive?

I dont know sir

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH