Main dealers - are they all useless!!

kingy89

I was having a full on argiment when I was getting a price for a clutch.

Its a cable clutch sir

No its hydraulic

I have the technical sheet here sir, Its a cable clutch

I have the car here and its hydraulic

Im afraid you must be mistaken sir

then why is my cable clutch pissing DOT4 all over my drive?

I dont know sir

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:rolleyes:

Atleast they can tell the difference between a Lupo and a Fox!

we had the same trouble to at stoke well sort off! We have owned a gti from new and the roof started to bubble just above the windscreen and down the A-piller. we took to v-w stoke and it took ages for them to get back to us with an answer that the work could be carried out...

The car eventually went in and the work was done at mm vechicle repairs as thats where they have all there body work done.the roof was completly resprayed and top job!

but we woudnt go back to vw. when the car was within warrenty we took it for servicing there to keep it valid and on its third service they said it needed new brake pads!bare in mind the car has only done 15thousand... o and im a mechanic and the pads are virtally new! so watch out guys this is what main dealers do.

It's basically the same as driving an old petrol car around with the choke on 25% all the time!

I have dealt with Stoke Volkswagen when I bought my Passt. They repeatedly fail to phone back when they have promised to and I still waiting for parts that were missing from my 8 month old passt and have been waiting since april. I spend a lot of money on cars and motorbikes but will not spend anymore at Stoke Volkswagen there customer service is Shiite.

I have dealt with Stoke Volkswagen when I bought my Passt. They repeatedly fail to phone back when they have promised to and I still waiting for parts that were missing from my 8 month old passat and have been waiting since april. I spend a lot of money on cars and motorbikes but will not spend anymore at Stoke Volkswagen their customer service is Shiite.

Threaten them with the citizens advice bureau or small claims court. Generaly companies hate any legal action paticualy franchises as its alot of hassel and looks bad when VW find out.

i got screwed by vw batley.. i think it was batley- in yorks

i saw a lovely mk4 golf. only 8v gti but i was like 18 so thats all i could insure.

jazz blue, loads of extras. they wanted 5500 for it, which was a fair price as it was comin from a main dealer

i had a 04 ford fiesta zetec. which was worth like 4k trade. although cost my dad like 6k... lol shouldnt buy me a birthday present thats a ford when i was mad on dubs but yeah,

i got 1500 cash, plus the cost of tax. drove like 80 miles there to pick it up. first day ok, and luckily i was in sheffield over the weekend, so it wasnt too far to take back- as by day 2 the engine management light come on.

took it back, they had it for 2 hours, i got it back it was ok.

when i drove it home, there was knocking... the clutch failed twice. and for a car that had done 50odd thousand, thats BAAAAD news!

so i took it to a franchise in stoke, and they gave me a bill of over 1500!

i kicked off sooo bad, as they said it was wear and tear. but it wasnt my wear and tear,

and they pretty much said, they were sending bailiffs to pick up their courtesy car and i wasnt gettin my golf back til i paid up.

yeah i got trading standards involved. which scared VW and i asked for my ford back, but they wouldnt

so i got the cost of my car back, but i'd lost the sale value of the ford.

so if you do persivere with trading standards you do kinda get sorted out but for the cost of insuring their courtesy car (some massive 15k family carrier) and fuel cos i had to drop the golf off to yorkshire twice, and time

bt yeah my lup has a bit of rust, think i'm taking it into somewhere

i'm a fair few hundred quid down

but we woudnt go back to vw. when the car was within warrenty we took it for servicing there to keep it valid and on its third service they said it needed new brake pads!bare in mind the car has only done 15thousand... o and im a mechanic and the pads are virtally new! so watch out guys this is what main dealers do.

I've had this problem at Newbury VW too !

Had brand new brakes put on at another garage, took it there for a check up and it came back saying brakes were heavily corroded

I had them checked out by a BMW technician & at kwik fit and both said they were ok