Set of Coilovers

DarkStryder360

Right, anyone have any in mind, and also the best place to get them?

I was looking at FK Highsports on Venommotorsports.com, for £390+ which is alot tbh. There are alot to choose from and I dont really know what to go for as I really want a nice riding set of adjustable coilies, for around £300, anything around the £400 mark just seems way overpriced.

Edited by DarkStryder360

:lol: nah you get what you pay for when it comes to coils.

if you want a nice ride you have to pay for it (adjustable damping, rebound etc.) .. if you just want to go low buy a cheap set

Either fork out £390 for the FKs or just get the cheapest coilies you can find.

Anything cheaper than the FKs that isn't a well renound brand will just be the same generic cheap ones with a different sticker on them. So no point in paying £300 for something that you can buy for £220.

Not being funny, but why do people think £400 is expensive for suspension?

I'd agree with the others, only FK's aren't amazing either from what I've heard. I would say KW's for £600 or PhilJ's, I wouldn't bother with anything inbetween. Either you want great handling and well built-ness, or just to get low cheaply.

Not being funny, but why do people think £400 is expensive for suspension?

I'd agree with the others, only FK's aren't amazing either from what I've heard. I would say KW's for £600 or PhilJ's, I wouldn't bother with anything inbetween. Either you want great handling and well built-ness, or just to get low cheaply.

agreed, if you want good handling you totally get what you pay for.

if you want the car 3cm off the floor then its not going to handle well anyway so get cheap

Nah, my car's 3cm off the floor and it's mint. :D:P

But if I wasn't wanting to spend much I wouldn't have bothered with FK's, I'd have just got £200 PhilJ jobbies.

Fk's aren't exactly a quality brand to be honest.

If you want good quality, and ride comfort, then maybe look into the Weitec Hicon GT's.

They'll cost a bit more than your average "Cheep as chips" coilovers but they will sure last a heck of a lot longer, and won't be harsh like the FK ones are.

Guest LupoDan

Ive got FK Silverlines, can get them for around £450 and they are a brilliant bit of kit.

Seriously recommended.

Ride quality and comfort is a different class.

cheap is bad, in the world of mountain biking a set of forks worth having start at around 200£ - and thats for one unit!

think of a set of 300£ "coilies", thats 75£ each; they're gonna suck. might as well buy lowering springs :Angel:

Yup, My 66RC's that were on the Norco before I sold it in peices cost about £440 ! lol

You cant really compare mountainbike suspension to that of a car (unless were talking rally car), they have to do completely different jobs.

I've always run FK's on my loops and they've been ok, but don't think i would buy them again though.

Wish I saved just a bit longer when I bought my last ones and gone for something like KW's instead.

^ Now that got me overly excited about them too!!!

Mmm purple....purple is a fruit (name that quote!!!)

Anyway, this is my dilema at the moment. KW or FK. Which acronym to choose.

But tbh I think I will probs go with KW despite words of wisdom.....Oooo I dunno.

Im too happy with it standard height at the moment.

anyone had any experience with ap coilovers yet ive got koni ones at the moment which are coming to the end of their life and the ap ones seem fairly priced quality looks good to

Dunno if you know him but a lad called Panda has them on a 9N Polo. I went out in it a few weeks back, its only a poo 1.2 3 cyl but the coilovers gave a good ride. Hes not said out bad about them yet and hes had them on about 2 months. Adjusted them the other day as well and they hadn't rusted or anything. Seem like a quality bit of kit.

Dunno if you know him but a lad called Panda has them on a 9N Polo. I went out in it a few weeks back, its only a poo 1.2 3 cyl but the coilovers gave a good ride. Hes not said out bad about them yet and hes had them on about 2 months. Adjusted them the other day as well and they hadn't rusted or anything. Seem like a quality bit of kit.

i think a call to venom motorsport may be on the cards

runnin highsports at the mo, pretty soft ok if ur just after a normal daily or really bad road like round my place, little wobbly tho. but if u rang venom 2 months ago u could get them for £300, some reason they went up £90 in a month haha