GTI Aero wipers

Mike_M

When I turn the wiper on, the aero wipers judder up the screen and make lots of rubber squeeking noises.

They look band new the wipers, but can not see why they make so much noise as my Golfs Aero wipers were quite and smooth in the screen wipe action.

Help must apreciated

Edited by mike_m

To be honest I think the aero wipers are *****! I am on my third pair in 3 years (which is ok as a new pair each year is reasonable with any wipers) but every pair judder, smear and make loads of noise. The only thing that is good about them is that they don't lift off the screen in strong wind or at high speed. Kind of irrelevant though as because they smear so much they are still useless.

Going to single wiper eventually and ditch the aero wipers.

Mine seem to be great. Ido polish windscreen alot and every 2 months i rain x the screen which may of helped reduced noise

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mines a 2002 Lupo and still on originals, mind you the car has only covered 14k

I used meguiars clay on my windscreen and it made the world of difference, i read about it on one of the golf forums. Much smoother in wipe action and made the smearing a bit better. That's the best solution i've found, although if you do take this option make sure you just use the clay and not the detailer that comes with it on the screen.

although if you do take this option make sure you just use the clay and not the detailer that comes with it on the screen.

This is a bit misleading, if you use a clay bar without any lubricant, you'll just leave streaks of the clay bar on the windscreen. You need to use some kind of lubricant, even if it is just water.

This is a bit misleading, if you use a clay bar without any lubricant, you'll just leave streaks of the clay bar on the windscreen.  You need to use some kind of lubricant, even if it is just water.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If anyone has used clay before they will know that they need to use some sort of lubricant with it, and, if someone hadn't used it before they're likely to read the instructions as it's not entirely self explanatory, I presumed I wouldn't need to explain that, but it's good that you pointed it out nonetheless.

as said before.............my Golf MK4 ones were fantastic so expected the same, but did not get it.

Will try some off the things mentioned and see what results I get.

exactly the same for me, the ones on my golf were quiet but on the loop they make a really crappy sound, will have to check some of the suggestions too..

overall I'm not a big fan of the aeros, theyre ok if the windshield is clean but if its dirty they probably dont apply enough pressure to wipe it properly or something, dont know what it is..

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Sorted the wipers now. I flex'd the arms a little to reduce the presure of the blade on the windscreen and with each aero wiper, I took the end cap off then pulled out and turned 180 degrees the rubber blade before putting it back in...............now everything is sorted and quiet.

I had used the rubber blade removal and rotating trick on my Golf and it seems to work.

Edited by mike_m

Good to hear! I'll have to give it a go.

Thanks biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

UPDATE:  Sorted the wipers now.  I flex'd the arms a little to reduce the presure of the blade on the windscreen and with each aero wiper, I took the end cap off then pulled out and turned 180 degrees the rubber blade before putting it back in...............now everything is sorted and quite.

I had used the rubber blade removal and rotating trick on my Golf and it seems to work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UPDATE:  Sorted the wipers now.  I flex'd the arms a little to reduce the presure of the blade on the windscreen and with each aero wiper, I took the end cap off then pulled out and turned 180 degrees the rubber blade before putting it back in...............now everything is sorted and quiet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good tip, I'll give that a go too.