Polished my wheels

chris260

Just finished polishing the rims on the modern lines i swapped with Ian for my RH Cups so i thought i'd share the pics. I sanded them first starting with 120 grit wet and dry down to 1200 which was hard work but worth the effort. Then i used a polishing kit from Frost to get them up to a decent finish.

I'm happy enough with the results considering it was my first proper attempt at polishing but now i've got to decide what to do with the centres as they have a few marks on them. I think i'll be going for an anthracite finish, thought about jazz blue but i might use them on my other mk1 so i've not really made my mind up yet. IMG_2896_copy.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Finished.

IMG_2894_copy.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

IMG_2902_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

IMG_2903_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

hmmm nice

wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

Good effort thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />

What about black centers?

Feeling the die valve cover shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Thanks for the comments. Nice to see my hard work is appreciated lol! I'm going to do my old OZ's from my cabby next and maybe run them on the loop.

Adam, I thought about black too i just can't make my mind up. If i go for black i might do them satin.

The look great as they are, i think the polished dish has made the centres look darker anyway. As for the black centres im not sure, i do think black centres and a polished lip look great, but my only concern is that they seem to be creeping up all over the place on the barry's cars around my area and thats probably the only thing that would put me off. Satin does sound good though and it may look very different.

Looking good there...........I have one more wheel to polish and its hard going.

I feel your pain!!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

theyre briliant, fair play. i wudnt have the patience for that.

I didn't think i'd have the patience to be honest, i'm usually lazy when it comes to stuff like this but it was ok once i got going.

I'll have to try them on the car again and do a couple of photoshops to see how they look in different colours.

Adam, I thought about black too i just can't make my mind up. If i go for black i might do them satin.

Satin would look amazing, nice and moody wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

That looks mint mate

where you at the sage one friday a few weeks ago? If so.....did you see my and gem in her lupo?

Cheers. Yeah, still had the RH cups on then. I saw yours yeah, looks great on those wheels. Decided on the new ones yet?

Look the bees...

Anthracite with polished rim?

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by Silver!

Cheers. Yeah, still had the RH cups on then. I saw yours yeah, looks great on those wheels. Decided on the new ones yet?

Yeah it looked spot on with the cups too, she's decided on some 14's same sort of design...also another set she bought two sets LOL..

ronal.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

set 1

ronal2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

set 2

should look decent with either on?

Edited by biggaz

Thanks for your comments everybody. ronal.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

set 1

ronal2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

set 2

should look decent with either on?

set 2 for me smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />