Lupo Sport - More Ponies!

Dubmuffin

My little sport needs a bit more poke, I'm just wondering what sort of tuning they are capable of?

I'm getting an exhaust for it, possibly a nice manifold, already have a CDA but I'd just like to know possible bolt ons to help the little beasty.

I've done a fair bit of googling, but the most common answers are exhaust, filter and remap, surely there must be a bit more to it?

I'm not looking for track slag, so no chargers, just something to give it a bit more of a grunt under uneconomical driving.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Tom

Cam?

sports already have a better cam over the 75hp model.

Maybe eventually spripping the head? bit of P&P?

also remap sounds like a good shout. but depends how much your willing to pay.

May not Light up the Rollers but may feel much better to drive, and be quicker where you want it!

sports already have a better cam over the 75hp model.

Maybe eventually spripping the head? bit of P&P?

also remap sounds like a good shout. but depends how much your willing to pay.

May not Light up the Rollers but may feel much better to drive, and be quicker where you want it!

That makes no sense? I never told him to put a 75hp cam on it?

That makes no sense? I never told him to put a 75hp cam on it?

Why not? He is saying the sport has a fairly aggressive inlet cam already and therefore cams may not see massive gains for the money. Or at least thats how i interpreted it.

Mike

Why not? He is saying the sport has a fairly aggressive inlet cam already and therefore cams may not see massive gains for the money. Or at least thats how i interpreted it.

Mike

I know this. I dont understand why his talking about a 75bhp model cam when he has a sport already. Nothing was said about the 75hp model :S

I know this. I dont understand why his talking about a 75bhp model cam when he has a sport already. Nothing was said about the 75hp model :S

Think someone was up past their bedtime, made perfect sense to me.

It already spins up first and second, could be down to nankangs, but it'd be nice for a little bit more. I don't care about top end speed, I want grunt! And no, I'm not dropping a TDi lump into it!

Low end is what I'm after, same as all my cars, torque makes me moist...

I got 123bhp out of my arosa sport..

That's with Schrick cams, ported head, 4-1 manifold, decat and full system, lightened and balanced flywheel, CDA and a remap..

Goes well for a 1.4 .. Pretty quick low down ran a 15.9 at pod last year not warp speed I know but awesome fun !

my little 1.0 mpi spins up 1st 2nd and 3rd on continental's and with my old hankooks

:')

was more fun with the hankooks when playing, but dangerous around corners (spun into a tree)

I don't think it's physically possible to break traction in a straight line with 50bhp.

Also, in what way is understeer fun!?

This may be a really stupid question, but what is the engine code for a '99 sport? I either get told AUA or AFK, can anybody point me in the right direction of the code or anything? Cheers lads.

Just went out and took a few photos for you. There are a few locations; such as above where the gearbox meets the engine. Where the space saver is under the lining there is the sticker. Hope the photos help. Its a 1999 sport also

IMAG0131_zpsb3db10b4.jpg

IMAG0137_zps5fd2388a.jpg

IMAG0146_zpsc5d44ba7.jpg