Have I missed the 75% off Air Ride deals or something?

DarkStryder360

To be honest I've seen a lot of people fork out for air and then sell it a year down the line which it seems like everyones on it but really there's always really the same number of people just there selling on and other people are using it haha! Or at least that's how it seems!

its just becoming more affordable... people overlook the price of it and think its a small fortune... granted its more than coilovers but not as much more as you might think!

too many horror stories of 4k etc... it can be done for under 2k, you just have to be prepared to wait. The biggest cost is the struts and bags

i did this, sold it on and didnt really lose much money at all. had a few months fun with it.

How hard is it to fit air? How hard is it to run all the lines and install the tank and compressors and what not. Is it worth just paying the extra to get it fitted?

I have read a build thread for a Mini Cooper air build and... Looked a pain in the fricking balls??

One thing I did find out, that I never thought about, the amount of noise the compressor gives off? Is it terrible??

Good to see it slightly more affordable though to people :)

Edited by DarkStryder360

I have read a build thread for a Mini Cooper air build and... Looked a pain in the fricking balls??

One thing I did find out, that I never thought about, the amount of noise the compressor gives off? Is it terrible??

Good to see it slightly more affordable though to people :)

Compressor can be as quiet or as loud as you fix it down!

Do what I did, fix it down its one metal to metal screw and its loud, or do what I'm going to do an fix it down with rubber mounting bolts with lots of sound deadening. They are quiet!

Mine is loud! But thats because I fixed it to a solid board so I will be removing it and putting rubber gromets between them :) My air cost me under £1300 because I did some searching on forums in the for sale sections and fitted it myself with help from friends. The hardest part is getting the lines to the back of the dash if your running manual but with digital its simple!

Right... Can someone explain to me the difference between electronic and manual paddle valves ?

Iv been told to go for electronic and naturally that'd seem the better option. But what's the real difference?

Who knows, maybe in another 6 months to a year ill be asking for a bit of help from some of you with regards to fitting it! :P

Manual is a paddle system, push up to go up, push down to go down!

Electronic is systems just as e-level, v1 or v2. These are a digital panel with all the ups and downs, they also have pre-sets that you can set I.e 1) for one the floor 2) for driving height and 3) for like 3-wheeling ;)

Tbh, nothing wrong with a manual set up! Cheaper to get you started, just remember your driving pressures