Piers' MK1 - non lupo content

Piers

Little bit of progress over the weekend, managed to collect the bits i needed from andy :) Front bumper back on and lights in. Test fitted the new grill. Looks much better.

9E32A8BE-67AB-45C9-82DD-CA8E385101CC-231

Put the black carpet in. Again, looks much better. Seems a little thin so I'm going to put some underlay underneath to cushion it a bit and deaden some sound.

2DEA4F7D-7653-44C2-9B2B-4F58E7B7AD94-231

And finally I got the engine out the shed and upto the garage. As my engine mount has arrived I'm hoping to mount it some time this week or at least this month got a tin of hammerite too so might give the block a paint up or wait until its out again later in the year

352683F0-F85F-44DB-9DDF-CCC69F0F099B-231

Edited by Piers
  • Like 1

Nice progress mate. For the underlay best and cheapest shout is to go to a scrappy. Loads of vag's have it under the carpet. This is what I did in my last car to deaden the sound a bit. I got about 10 big squares and the guy never even charged me for them :)

Great minds Joti...I very nearly posted this pic, but couldn't be bothered cos I was in a foul mood :lol:

speedy_gonzales_carpet_fitters_w.jpg

Only a small update but picked up a new rear bench at ultimate dubs :) looks better than the old one. Just need to get front seats to match.

5E8E53C5-8CEB-4E61-BE7A-9F336DE4FEBD-992

You should rename this thread "How to build a 1.8T mk1 using products from Ebay".

easy tiger....! its the best one for the job!

i gave up sunday night... had a nice tidy growth and messed up when "tidying" so got rid. Starting again

Is this project hard to do?

I mean that's a pretty stupid question as it depends on your sort of experience/technical abilities. I'm talking in comparison to a Lupo 20vt conversion, is it less difficult or just the same?

Edited by davidelliott294

Much easier than a Lupo 20v conversion. For a mk1 you can buy most parts off the shelf. For a Lupo there is a lot of fabrication to do.

Thought that was last on the list :lol:

:paperbag: erm... well....

it goes to the bodyshop in the next week or so and prep will then begin. Full strip down... the engine bay is being shot blasted and the rest of the car will be done by hand

Edited by Piers