nfbr's Jetta 2.0T FSI... Now sold to new owner!

nfbr

Picked this up a week back... Absolutely love it. So much better than the Bora in so many ways! :)

Platinum Grey Metalic Mk5 Jetta 2.0TFSI
DSC02254.jpg

Edited by nfbr

Well spotted...

H&R Springs (-45mm) and a pair of delivery mileage Mk6 GTI front dampers just fitted ;)

Also TTRS Front wishbone rear bushes, Cruise Control and APR Stage 1 with Selectible mapping.

Oh and a Powerflex torque arm insert for good luck.

Very understated, like it.

I take it its rather similar to the Octy VRS?

Very rare too! Only ever 186 manual ones of these registered in the UK. A further 70 DSG (dog **** gearbox) were registered.

One of my friends put it in a very good way

If the Octavia vRS is the thinking man's Golf GTI, Then surely the Jetta 2.0T is the straight man's Octavia vRS

It's so much nicer than the Octy vRS!

Oh HELLO :shades:

Thats a gooood looking VW :thumbup:

• 6 months later...

Thought I'd put up a pic of my girlfriend's new motor... Finally convinced her to get rid of the piece of sh** Toyota Yaris 1.4d4D 90ps in favour of something a little nicer...

polo_zpse2ef3f2f.jpg

It's a 6R Polo SEL 1.6TDI 105ps in Sunset Orange metallic! :) Fantastic little car, but she won't let me lower it or put spacers on it (which is what it needs...) She's obviously wrong, as even my mum prefers her 6L Ibiza on 40mm H&R Springs with 15mm Spacers at the back... lol

The jetta is due some upgrades and will be updating soon ;)

Edited by nfbr

I work around 65 hours a week now, so have very little time for PS3 / Forums.

and soon for the Jetta... As an ex Police owned vehicle (Chief inspector of Warwickshire Police's personal vehicle), the engine has been really well looked after, almost excessively serviced, but the suspension has gone a little neglected so the following items are due to be fitted in just over a week and a half time:

* Bilstein B8 Dampers (to go with my H&R 'Low version' Springs)
* Superpro Wishbone bushes with Caster increase/anti-lift
* New strut top mounts, drop links, ball joints
* BBS VZ033's with 225/40/18 Uniroyal Rainsport 2's ;)

Edited by nfbr

Do you still do what you used to do??

Yeah, I do many things these days, but my main job is the same. I'm 90% Workaholic these days, but it's mostly to get the mortgage paid off quickly ;)

Whoa! Missed this. Looks nice; classy and understated. Look forward to see it progress.

Thanks Ray! :) It's a really nice car and has cost me very little for what it is! Pretty rare too! Only 186 manual versions ever registered in the UK and 70 more with the DSG gearbox.