Lupo 3l for sale

lupo1.0se

I thought the 3l did have it in the boot in some instances. This is a very early one so things may have changed.

The wife has pinched my 2001 model with battery in the boot, and I just bought a July 2000 model as a DIY project with battery in the front. The battery in the boot model has a massive battery. The alternator pulley has a magnetic clutch on it, and it charges the battery under braking.

shame about the Gay steelies

Those are normally saved for winter tyres over here, with the Mag alloys that look very much like those steelies used for summer.

One other thing about this car, the gear leaver has the stop in the top left position. Early cars had it in the top right position. The mileage is quite high on that one, so it might have had a new gearbox. My 2001 car had a new gearbox fitted at around 110K km by VW around the 10 year mark before I got it, and has this type of (stop to the left) gear lever.

Edited by John90

Bit pricey in my opinion.

That said, not sure what a 3L would go for usually, but 138k miles is nearer the top end of the moderate mileage scale, so you'll be quickly entering into the high mileage zone.

Are they all left hand drive?

Bit pricey in my opinion.

That said, not sure what a 3L would go for usually, but 138k miles is nearer the top end of the moderate mileage scale, so you'll be quickly entering into the high mileage zone.

Are they all left hand drive?

They all left the factory in LHD form. The engine is very light as you know, and it is offset to the right, and angled slightly. Might need to reposition the engine to do an RHD conversion, and fit different length drive shafts. I would imagine the battery in the boot model would be a better bet for this. I have driven RHD cars abroad, and the only big deal is overtaking on small roads. I wouldn't bother with the conversion TBH.

Clean up and running cars with this mileage in Switzerland advertise for this money. In Germany there are a lot of cheaper Lupos on ebay.de. The cheaper ones usually have gearbox shifter issues, which dramatically reduce the price. Typically by half. So make sure here are no leaks from the shifter hydraulics, and that the changes are smooth.

Price wise I paid about 3500 for my 2001 model this January, it took some finding, and had two sets of wheels, with 120k km on the clock, and needed a test. They are about 5K here for a typically priced nice one with low mileage.

Edited by John90

I have no need for a 3L but I need one in my life!

Well, if you only want one, as a project rather than transport, perhaps this, for a about grand in English money? The proper alloys on it too.

http://www.autoscout...22537&vehtyp=10

I suspect the robotic gear change is defective. Might as well learn how to fix it from day one, to be on the safe side...

(It is in Switzerland by the way).

Edited by John90