center exit exhaust problems

sharpelupo

got a 1.4 16v lupo (100bhp) so its a center exit exhaust and the baffles have gone wooo, however cant find a standard replacment all i can find is scorpion back box now as much as there good i havnt got £200+ to spend and vw want £300!!!! for a standard back box!!!! but iv found this http://www.sportex-exhausts.com/Performance-Back-Box-Exhaust-BW82/cat/18/sub/0/subsub/0/product/539 however i dont want it to make the note really loud and 'chavy' iv got a standard system so got the center silencer but does any one know if this will make it sound horrible and chavy?

remove all the baffles from the standard box. or get an exhaust place to replace it with pipe so you only have the midbox. Will be alot less than 200 and will sound good :)

• 3 weeks later...

cos he can't find a standard one?

tried lupoboz sharpelupo?

^^^ got it there koop lol and no i havnt because its £300 from a dealership so lupoboz will only be able to get it a little cheaper but i think iv got an idea how to get round it now might get ride of the bumber with center exit and get a standard bumper and get it smoothed and sprayed and put a 75bhp one one :D

• 3 weeks later...

^^^ got it there koop lol and no i havnt because its £300 from a dealership so lupoboz will only be able to get it a little cheaper but i think iv got an idea how to get round it now might get ride of the bumber with center exit and get a standard bumper and get it smoothed and sprayed and put a 75bhp one one :D

silly idea looks like a 1.0 then

Fretwell yous just don't get it at all

For me though I can see either option costing the same, smoothing a spraying is going to cost well over 200 notes if its done properly

• Like 1

I would go down the fabrication route, you can just get the faulty section removed and a new piece welded in as suggested above.