Any 1 know if

fattasss

I've seen it done quite a few times and helped a couple times with Landrovers -which are obviously a lot less complicated -but I would go with the above that you would probably need at least a donor right-hand side Dash. Everything else I would guess, could just be moved over to the opposite side -clocks and all, would just be the case of moving the looms about.

But yeah, apart from swapping over the pedal box and all the goes with it, the main headache would be the steering rack i would think. I've never looked down there to be honest, but i don't think a left-hand enters the cabin the same place as a right-hand steering column does, I can also see the steering box on the lefty being the other way on too, so a donor right one of those would be needed. I would do quite a bit of homework and work out all the complications first, but the running gear is going to be the fiddly bit.

Would be nice to see if it could be done.

Edited by Hazy

ahh anyone know if the right hand drive lupo came without power steering as this is the rack i wil need to u, i've already got the right hand dashboard and a full wiring loom from a tdi u.k spec.

Edited by fattasss

More trouble than it's worth?

Plus If it doesn't go to plan and you f*** a 3L you wont be able to just fetch another

always wanted a 3L, right hand drive will be a BONUS.

i believe i need to use the bulkhead panel from a uk lupo that will have all holes for bolting in the padel box and brake servo,

anyone know if the heater box will need to be changed?

Don't know about the lupo specifically but I'm working in a car factory at the moment and seeing the bare shells of the cars,the differences between LHD and RHD is massive.

The bulk heads are obviously completely different,there is alot of strengthening around the hole for the steering column for instance.

If you were to swap bulkheads I'd say you'd want it jigging before welding back together.

yes i thought so, the bulkheads are different, obviously i need to get the bulk plate from a rhd car together with the dashboard, anuone got any thoughts on the wiring i.e moving fusebox to the opposite side,

• 2 weeks later...

do an engine swap with a uk lupo, then just change all the interior stylings seats, steering wheel, doorcards etc, then swap the front and rear body panels over? obvs not that easy but doesnt sound impossible.

What's the point?

May as well just get a TDI.

already have a tdi, wanted one of these for ages, PERFECT CAR but steering on the wrong side:)

already have a tdi, wanted one of these for ages, PERFECT CAR but steering on the wrong side:)

I've wanted Digifiz, I have Digifiz, it reads in KPH.

Do I want to change this ?

No, because I'm perfectly okay with retaining a feature of it's original charm.