The Red Breadvan

R99

Some proper pictures of the car in 'winter mode' - the roof basket is off and JCW's have been cleaned up!

First time out with the camera in a VERY long time, amazing how rusty you get..... didnt stay out long as it was too cold!

8146044343_e3f2c1646c_b.jpg

Untitled by jamesnathanjolly, on Flickr

8146043095_512a8389a1_b.jpg

gateshead quays by jamesnathanjolly, on Flickr

8146076758_081e5cca20_b.jpg

IMG_3194 by jamesnathanjolly, on Flickr

8146041809_db2daf2ff1_b.jpg

peeping tom by jamesnathanjolly, on Flickr

OK - I'm making a FINAL update r.e wheels....

The 3pc splits are for sale... and the JCW 's are too to nicely top up my house fund.

All is not lost though as I have a set of Rotiform BLQ's that will be going on the car on Wednesday hopefully.

They are 17x8 ET20, not like off the shelf ET30 versions Venom Motorsport are selling. These came from a Corado and were orginally a custom order from the USA. The guy I bought them from ran them on his R53 for a few months before selling them to me.

They came with Falken 195/40's which give rather large amount of stretch, however when I need to replace them I will go for 205/40 as I think thats a better set up. They have 7mm of tread though so I'm in no hurry to change.

I'll be running them as is (red) over the winter, but I'll be getting them powdercoated in a matt anthracite or bronze once we hit them summer months again.

OK, got to Coastal Racing nice and early this morning to have the wheels changed back over to the JCW's for the winter...

Please tell me you didn't pay someone to change your wheels for you :lol:

No, I paid someone to change my tyres over.....

Yeah I suspected as much.

BLQs should look sweet on, I wasn't that into the splits tbh.

Thank God for 24hour collection at TNT!

The Roti's have arrived, complete with some pretty mean tyre stretch. Will be fitting tomo, so more pics to follow once they are on.

In the mean time.....

IMG_3231.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg

IMG_3225.jpg

IMG_3222.jpg

IMG_3218.jpg

IMG_3215.jpg

Not so sure on red on red, so they will be going anthracite or bronze ASAP.

• Like 1

So, they are ON and looking epic IMO.

Teaser shots from the iPhone until later when I get out with the DSLR...

AEF4CCC8-5BC6-4008-8DEC-3BCE85A6C925-9397-000007ABE7F318C7.jpg

0149FE3D-5C0F-4C23-BDC1-0AC0968C37B4-9397-000007ABDA30F2B6.jpg

3AAC144B-FC94-4A90-A44B-CA320972E33F-9397-000007ABD683D70D.jpg

The JCW's have like an inch of clearance.

The poke is awesome, needs more lows next and my RCA's need to be fitted. No scrubbing as of yet though as the SDM's wore away most of the arch anyway...

A lot of hatred for the tyres across the forums I use - they are a 40 profile, its the stretch that makes them look skinny. Most people running 17's on MINI's go for 40 profiles so I dont get why people are saying they dont look right??

Maybe its just me??

The tyres make the wheels look undersized in some of the pictures, id of personally preferred them in a different shade of red, more body coloured then what they are now

More camber and lows are being added soon - I have rear control arms waiting to go on....

As for the rims, they were bought in that colour and with those tyres...

I will be fitting 205/40's I think soon instead and totally in dilemma about wheel colour.

Part of me is saying something simple like a heavy metallic silver??

OK, brief update (no pics!):

The car has had all 4 arches rolled & pulled today at the bodyshop and the plastic lip on the arches has been trimmed flush too.

I have also just bought 4 brand new Toyo T1-R's in 205/40, which should solve the issue of the tyres looking too small. The 195/40's look more like 30 profiles because of the amount of stretch.

Will get them put on the car by Monday then wind the coils down so the arch is sat on the tyre :)