Old member, new Gti - For sale

Pete91

Noice. Camber isn't excessive, totally works. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Cheers vinny! I'm biased cos it's mine haha but I think it sounds great. When you turn it right up you can feel your hair starting to move haha. Emm I'm not sure if you could fit a ported box in tbh. How many subs are you going to be running? What the capacity of the box gonna be?

• 3 weeks later...

So this has been p*ssing me off for about 4 months:

59E40B4B-559A-41D2-87BC-9930183FF435-184

No matter how much I tried I couldn't get it out with anything until my dad had the brightest idea anyone has had in the history of ever:

7E9AA45E-02F3-474A-BF15-D3ECD7C566D6-184

Victory is mine!

C59CA80A-2AC2-4AE2-8437-2CD733B38254-184

Also, got my arch sorted from when the tyre scrubbed through...expensive mistake :(

C65BBA38-DBE5-4FEE-B4FA-7C34BCC8041E-184

Boot handle sprayed:

908C29BF-121F-4174-A8B5-564CCD4A22C0-184

And a delock kit fitted but ceebs getting a pic

Nice bit of tidying up :)!

Cheers man :) I'm para that the boot handle looks a different colour...not sure if the picture gives anything away? I'm colour blind so it's a bit of a mind f*ck for me haha

I forgot you wer colour blind, it's something noone has ever been able to explain to me properly haha! All I know is, despite many people thinking so, it doesn't mean that you see in black and white!

• 2 weeks later...

Cleanest gti on here! Sweet thread :)

Cheers mate! Dunno about that though lol...I think Ben wins that award!

Got some chromed parts courtesy of Joe through the post the other day :D

Heat shield. Surprisingly fitted straight on with only the bottom of the cover having to be widened a couple mm. I thought it might be a by of a ball ache but couldn't have been easier:

F361FA43-01C7-4301-BDDF-36359341876C-258

Bonnet catch:

59EBC54D-84B4-4718-A43E-9D592C5779D6-258

E3D3C86C-7441-41E8-97D1-91C0F9E13E36-258

As I was taking the latch off I noticed a cable not connected to anything? Figured it would be along the lines of a sensor to say if the bonnet had been left open but I've never heard anyone mention that they had this feature? If anyone has any ideas that would be awesome.

Looking really smart pete :)

Mmmmm, shiny!

Cheers chaps :)

Nice! I've got a spare bonnet catch in the garage was going to plate with a few other engine bits. Is it difficult to plate and fit?

Cheers mate. I bought it off joe on here so it was already plated. Tbh though it's quite intricate so could be a pain to get plated. As for taking it off though it couldn't be easier. All there is is two bolts (t25 I think) to hold it on and another bolt at the bottom that holds a bracket that needs to be wiggled to get it free. There's also the bracket that holds the release cable that needs slid out. Biggest advice though, before you take the first two bolts off take a picture of how the bracket fits cos if I goes out of line then you'll have a fun time trying to get it back in the right place! When it's out of line the bonnet won't lock down properly.

As I was taking the latch off I noticed a cable not connected to anything? Figured it would be along the lines of a sensor to say if the bonnet had been left open but I've never heard anyone mention that they had this feature? If anyone has any ideas that would be awesome.

? :(

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Crail today not expecting to get any awards but managed to get best modified car!! Gonna be in PVW in the next couple of months too! Literally cheesing!!!!!!

Shitey picture cos it was taken on a shitey camera and uploaded through shitey photobucket

D607EE16-6110-4170-8741-3278832C9B47-137

I'll get the better pic's up once I get them from my mate :)

Edited by Pete91