Internet browsers

James827

Hey,

Well bascilly google chrome messed up and stopped letting me do things like posting on this forum, its all up to date and says its working as it should, but still restricts what i do for no reason.

so im temporarly using Firefox, i used to use this but encounted problems and switched to chrome.

i dont really like firefox, i find it slow to use and keep closing down unexplainably (Chrome did this also)

i only really have about 5 or 6 tabs open tops,

Facebook, Youtube, CL, eBay and somtimes banking sites and other sites.

im looking for somthing as simple to use as Chrome and really stable and reliable?

What do you guys use and recommend?

This is not really a thread to say which ones best or to argue over that as Different people have different opinons and experiences with different browser software,

i just want to know about other Types of browsing software, how they are to use and just recommendations.

Cheers,

James

I tend to stick with IE. Most websites and applets are "most" tested on it.

It has it's issues yes, but it siuts me fine.

I hate that Chrome has no "menus".

I use safari, because i love apple :) does the job for me

i have safari installed as it happens. il give it a try.

I tend to stick with IE. Most websites and applets are "most" tested on it.

It has it's issues yes, but it siuts me fine.

I hate that Chrome has no "menus".

I like chromes simpleness

Sounds like you either have some sort of malware or a corrupt file in chrome. Have you tried uninstalling chrome and re-installing? Also have you tried running a malware scanner like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

i have malware bytes so il give that a scan now and see what comes . no i haven't reinstalled it yet, i will soon

make sure you update it first :) Personally I find chrome the best browser, so I'd fix it rather than find another

Yeah, but to be fair im rather impressed with opera! i did check for updates but apparently it was all legit and up to date!

really? there's an update everyday lol. If you click the update tab it should give you a date and database version v2012.04.23.05 is the latest!

As a web developer I most prefer Firefox but Chrome is very good also. Opera is okay especially with turbo switched on. Safari on my iPhone an iPad is great but on a PC running Windoze it is terrible. That said, it's still better than the dreaded Internet Explorer which is a real nasty piece of kit. The number of IE users is gradually decreasing which is good news.

You could always go against the grain and try something like SeaMonkey?

To be honest though, if you can't run 6 tabs in Firefox, there has got to be something wrong with your computer.

Definitely personal preference. I've just got a new work PC to replace an awful small form factor Acer I've been using for the past three years. It's a Lenovo and came pre-loaded with IE and Chrome.

Chrome was a lot faster than IE, couldn't get to grips with the lack of menus so I loaded Firefox yesterday and I'm happy to be using it again.

We have over 1,000 PCs at work. They all have IE8 or 9 and Firefox. We get more issues with Firefox and websites than we do with IE.

I'm not saying we get "no" issues with IE, but more websites "work faultlessly" with IE.

We have over 1,000 PCs at work. They all have IE8 or 9 and Firefox. We get more issues with Firefox and websites than we do with IE.

I'm not saying we get "no" issues with IE, but more websites "work faultlessly" with IE.

From a work perspective then yes IE is probably the browser of choice. A lot of our developers have developed pages / applications with special functionality that only works in IE. A lot of our older platforms again only work with IE. The newer stuff coming through though has been developed to work with all browsers which is nice :) I use chrome/firefox/IE in work but mainly chrome for general browsing

We do have an issue though where some people require IE6 for certain things :s but IE6 isn't compatible with some of the newer stuff...makes things a bit complicated!

Edited by truCido

IE9 isn't 'too' bad. IE8 is a joke though, everything looks uglier as it doesn't support CSS3 so you get square corners instead of round ones, no box-shadows or anything. Firefox is smoother 99% of the time.