Manifold Lupo GTI

Kent

Right, I had my mind completely set on a Kam-Racing 4-1 manifold. It's pricey at about £551 incl VAT.

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/volkswagen/vw-lupo/exhaust/exhaust-manifold/vw-lupo-1-6-16v-gti-kam-racing-manifold-cat-pipe.html

It's completely stainless steel etc and looks nice BUT then stumbled across this day just before I ordered..

It's the Ashley 4-1 manifold, made for the 1.4S but apparently fits GTI with no modification.

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=14223

Which is only £224

What would you guys do? They look identical to me, apart from a few odd bits and that the Ashley one is only mild steel....

HELP PLEASE! :)

They're both tried and tested but the Kam one is stainless & has been tested on the GTI not the 1.4. Not sure if it's suited better to the engine with bends & size... I am clueless.

I know people on here have the Ashley so pleaaase speak up!

As far as gains go there wont be a massive difference between the two.. Although the Kam racing one will be a better product as far as build quality goes.. The exhaust ports are the same diameter and both the 1.4 16v sport and the Gti so it works fine.. My brother has one on his Gti and coupled with a 200cell sports cat he saw decent gains.. The lambda sensor isn't in the best place but if you have the engine cover on this can not be seen. I personally couldn't justify spending the extra £300 to get the Kam racing one over the Ashley.

Mike

I only know people who use the AAS.

AAS FTW.

I would love to use AAS but they are about 5 hours from me, I DID ring them and they want the car they won't use the sizing from another Lupo to send me one.

The Ashley one does look cheaper and the build on the Kam one looks brilliant. Although for the £300 pricetag I'm unsure. I would definitely if there was sizing differences beneficial to the KR one. hmmm tough call! Does the Ashley one come with the straight through as I'm going to run decat anyway

I would love to use AAS but they are about 5 hours from me, I DID ring them and they want the car they won't use the sizing from another Lupo to send me one.

The Ashley one does look cheaper and the build on the Kam one looks brilliant. Although for the £300 pricetag I'm unsure. I would definitely if there was sizing differences beneficial to the KR one. hmmm tough call! Does the Ashley one come with the straight through as I'm going to run decat anyway

Let me know if you go to any of the "boy racers conventions" on Sunday nights. We could arrange to meet up and you can see what i've got/how it fits/sounds/looks etc etc.

The ashley mainfold comes with a de-cat section although you will need to get a lambda boss welded into the pipe as it doesn't come with one (or mine didn't)

Mike

I think im going to go for Kam Racings one, just because it's stainless and the quality of it looks mint and spoke to jjjjjjjjjjkkkkkkkkkkkkkk off here the lad with the gti slammed on air and now 17s... and he recommended it and the lads at kam have been more than helpful whereas Ashley didn't actually respond..

I know it's a lot extra, but i only live once!

^^ That's what I'm thinking, and with the Ashley one as Kam-Racing said... it will eventually rust and the heat wrap will act as an absorbent or will trap water between wrap and mani itself.....

I've always been one for buy more expensive first time round rather than having to buy twice.

You will miss out on the manifold changing colour of you wrap it, I had one on my FRP and it went through differen purples an blues after it had been heated up etc

Simple things please simple minds lol but it made me happy

There were a few things, nothing that couldn't be sorted though.

There was a blob of weld on the lambda probe port that I had to dremel out to get the lambda sensor in. Not particularly good workmanship...

The lambda sensor only just reaches the port.

The brackets are in the wrong place for a GTI.

It sits quite low under the car.

I got the sport cat section too, and that needed a lambda port welding in.

I'm still happy with it, it definitely gave a power increase, but it was not a simple job to fit it.

I say I'd go for the Kam Racing if I did it again, but that would be an ideal. I dunno if I'd be able to justify the extra cost, even knowing the issues I had with the Ashley one.

You will miss out on the manifold changing colour of you wrap it, I had one on my FRP and it went through differen purples an blues after it had been heated up etc

Simple things please simple minds lol but it made me happy

it depends on what grade stainless steel is used. T409 will certainly discolour but you don't really get this with T304

• 2 weeks later...