mood light

bg02gar

They are called " lights under the door handles " , much more manly title lol

It's going to involve running a circuit into your central locking one and then stripping the door to drill in the lights, alot of effort for something that isn't all that good.

Edited by scotty_82

I heard he likes to take his mum's five door car dogging, he leaves the sidelights on and puts the rear passenger window precisely one third down. . . .

Occasionally, he pops the boot.

I once went to a dogging site with an airgun purely to shoot people.

I may have noticed a few things whilst looking for targets.

Remind me not to go dogging with u then :L

Plus out of context "shoot people" "once I went dogging" can lead to some sticky situations

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752942. < wiring diagram for BMW and some info

Halfraud system

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=203149&categoryId=165688&langId=-1

Best advice would be taking it apart and smooth in the led bulbs to the back of the handle

P.s sorry to hijack your thread :)

Thought I'd make up for it with some links.

EDIT: best word for them are puddle lights haha because we all know what it's like when I can't see a puddle when opening your car -_-

Edited by shaunsprules

You mean interior ambient lights? Or 'combined lights' as Porsche seem to call them.

I find them quite handy. They softly illuminate the door handles, ignition lock, and from the interior light down to the centre console. It make sit easier to to see things inside the car at night, without having to put the bright interior lights on.

Although when you know your car well enough, you don't really need a soft glow of light to know where things like door handles are. It does save some passengers feeling around in the dark for the door handles to get out.

I also like a door puddle of light, so that you can see what you are stepping out on to at night.

if you buy a second set of handles i reckon this is total doable. maybe hard work but its not impossible. just split the handles in two, cut out some of its innards and carefully mount those halfrauds things in wiring though the handle into the door and thus inside. and from there? interior light?

I've just remembered they're also known as 'comfort lights' in Audi circles.

You just need an LED or two in the door handle. You wouldn't want them wired up to the interior light. Maybe the sidelights. I've never really studied when they're on, I just notice them at when it's dark.