mood light

bg02gar

I've just remembered they're also known as 'comfort lights' in Audi circles.

You just need an LED or two in the door handle. You wouldn't want them wired up to the interior light. Maybe the sidelights. I've never really studied when they're on, I just notice them at when it's dark.

i just thought if you put them to the interior light, whenever you unlock the car it will all light up!

Easyer to wire it up to central locking, as when u unlock your car the lights come on but u will need all the wiring and fun bits so they turn off after a short period of time or If your **** hot at wiring then u can make it earth out when u open a door...

Ok. So I've checked how Porsche do it. From what I can make out the LEDs come on when you unlock the car, and go off when you lock it, day or night. I imagine there is probably some sort of delay linked to the ignition switch, but I haven't hung about in the car long enough to find out. That would make sense to me, in case you leave the car unlocked for a long time.

So I would have them on all the time the ignition is on, and also for a set period after the doors are unlocked, then all off when the doors are locked. That should be fairly simple to rig up.