The Lupos days may be numbered...

Defcon5

The lure of a big V6 is too tempting, I dont think I can ignore it for much longer - there is an ST220 for sale nearby that has my name written all over it.

Unfortunately it would mean selling the GTI....

What to do, what to do. Maybe sell the Sport and let the mrs use the GTI? I think I would be panicing all day that she would damage it!

The GTI is currently on 94k, is in good condition (very good paintwork) and has AC, does £3500 sound about right?

Sounds about right if its in good condition. Yours is exactly the same year, colour, mileage, spec as mine, in fact its pretty much identical! I paid £3400 for mine in March when it had 89,000 on the clock but it had a couple of minor niggles which i wanted to sort.

Sell the sport, chuck an extra few quid at the st220.

You'll hate it after 2 months (how many mpg? ;D ) and want to drive the gti again lol.

So sell the st220, and buy another sport, but slightly better than the last..... or another gti

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you earn lots of money, otherwise you wont be able to fuel it! My dad had one a couple of years as a company car when fuel was a bit cheaper and even then it was very costly to run.

To say it was dissapointing would be a massive understatement. I was driving a mk2 golf 16v at the time, which didnt struggle to keep up and out handle the ST.

if it has to be an mundano, the diesel would be my choice, potentially with a remap.

To say it was dissapointing would be a massive understatement. I was driving a mk2 golf 16v at the time, which didnt struggle to keep up and out handle the ST.

I would guess it was a bit of a lemon then, or the diesel one? I cant imagine any scenario where the Golf is quicker to be honest

It is also regarded as being a very impressive handling car that hides is size well.

• 1 month later...

I'm not even gonna say much, I hated Minis till I drove one for my lessons... then i liked it. Hate the intqerior like most people, but loved it cause it was rather go cart like :D let's just sat my instructor turned quite a few blind eyes :D

Would still rather. Lupo gti for the same money..

That does whine, but is nice and quiet (for now, at least when it sets on fire it will be silent!)

Insurance for the GTI runs out at 2245 tomorrow, and it has a brimmed tank of fuel - going to take the long way home from work I think