mil spec arosa getting there :)

jesse

right so its about time i made a little build thread im sort of on a budget (being a poor student an all) so far ive only just done paint which came in around £80 alltogether. ive just orderd some lowering springs and pressed plates but there not here yet let us know what you think cheers

P1011601.jpg

P1011603.jpg

its only 2 inch bless

P1011602.jpg

and the parts we missed but weve never painted anything before so fairly happy

P1011604.jpg

my little bit o carbon

P1011606.jpg

and well who dosnt like jager

P1011607.jpg

will get more photos up once the mo lows gets here. cheers guys

ps thts not me in the pic i dislike superman

cheers bud the satin black was spray cans but it was cheaper to buy the green in a tin than cans we then borrowed my mates gun and compressor and did it in his lock up

Banded or G60 steels in green or satin black slammed with tuck. Black all the badges. Add a black vinyl retrim all round with removed headrests. Add a few well placed Spanish military type badges.

B)

My mate's older brothers last car

4633260448_388e274a34_b.jpg

He had some camo army netting stuff covering stuff like the headrests and doorcards and because it was stripped out had it instead of the luggage net most people had.

Pretty cool i thought :)

yer i reali like that what are the laws on tinting headlights because a very much like that. i think my main aim is to build an intresting car on a budget so some army surplus wouldnt go a miss. cheers guys

And secret compartments in the doors where machine guns and missiles come out from and a runway on the roof aswell so fighter jets can land..

LOL sorry, got abit carried away there 8-), I suddenly had a childhood james bond/A-team moment.

Nice paint job though man!

Raza

paintwork looks really good for what you paid mate! :shades: im thinking of doing mine a dark matte blue! was wondering how much prep work you did, not overly bothered about it being totally perfect but would like it to the same standard as yours.

:)

paintwork looks really good for what you paid mate! :shades: im thinking of doing mine a dark matte blue! was wondering how much prep work you did, not overly bothered about it being totally perfect but would like it to the same standard as yours.

:)

tbh we hardly did any we just scuffed the origonal paint work up with 320 grit and paint just enough for the paint to stick to, its a very tuff paint made for painting tanks with anyway so its pretty strong. we got the car striped and painted in around 5 hours on a friday night all you need is some beers to perswade your friends that this is a good idea

And secret compartments in the doors where machine guns and missiles come out from and a runway on the roof aswell so fighter jets can land..

LOL sorry, got abit carried away there 8-), I suddenly had a childhood james bond/A-team moment.

Nice paint job though man!

Raza

i once saw a nato green astra at a show and he had a black roof box with a bit of drainpipe sticking out of the end to form a turret, but i do hold a firearms license for my clay pigeon shooting but im not sure about the laws on tanks, however i do know a very friendly M.O.T man

i once saw a nato green astra at a show and he had a black roof box with a bit of drainpipe sticking out of the end to form a turret, but i do hold a firearms license for my clay pigeon shooting but im not sure about the laws on tanks, however i do know a very friendly M.O.T man

LMFAO! LEGEND!!

• 9 months later...

a little update ive not reali had the time to come on or update but heres some more pictures with the coilovers on

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0289.png

IMG_0204.jpg

i need to sort the wheels but i just dont have the money atm any ideas people??????? thanks

haha thanks i get reali excited when i find another mk1 just becuase there like an endangered species, but theres a reason the dodo died isnt there lol

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting Arosa you have there, like it. I pass a parked up Mk1 Arosa every day on my way to work - but yeah, a pretty rare sight nowadays. Are those 14'' Sport Rader alloys? I've got some to put on mine, but they're well tatty (still silver), I might just do what you've done and paint them black! Thanks for the idea. Don't suppose you've got a couple of spare centre caps to flog do ya? For some reason two of mine are too small. Worth a try :yes:

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys, yer it wasn't bad for a £40 paint job and I don't have any centre caps I'm afraid and yer they are sport raiders lol £20 from the scrappers lol