maybe the best lupo around & other things

forsh21

Maybe the best lupo around :coffee:

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?lang=en&id=137825670&pageNumber=3&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&makeModelVariant1.makeId=25200&makeModelVariant1.modelId=21&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&vehicleCategory=Car&segment=Car&fuels=PETROL&siteId=GERMANY&damageUnrepaired=ALSO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&export=ALSO_EXPORT&customerIdsAsString=&tabNumber=2

I want climate, heated seats, esp & a glovebox

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?lang=en&id=141591076&pageNumber=6&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&makeModelVariant1.makeId=25200&makeModelVariant1.modelId=21&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&vehicleCategory=Car&segment=Car&fuels=PETROL&siteId=GERMANY&damageUnrepaired=ALSO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&export=ALSO_EXPORT&customerIdsAsString=&tabNumber=2

Want you think? Look at under the bonnet picture

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?lang=en&id=140840262&pageNumber=7&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&makeModelVariant1.makeId=25200&makeModelVariant1.modelId=21&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&vehicleCategory=Car&segment=Car&fuels=PETROL&siteId=GERMANY&damageUnrepaired=ALSO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&export=ALSO_EXPORT&customerIdsAsString=&tabNumber=2

GTi front bumper on a 1.0 ?

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?lang=en&id=139517588&pageNumber=7&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&makeModelVariant1.makeId=25200&makeModelVariant1.modelId=21&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&vehicleCategory=Car&segment=Car&fuels=PETROL&siteId=GERMANY&damageUnrepaired=ALSO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&export=ALSO_EXPORT&customerIdsAsString=&tabNumber=2

3L for sale

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?id=141360243&__lp=96&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&makeModelVariant1.makeId=25200&makeModelVariant1.modelId=21&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&vehicleCategory=Car&segment=Car&fuels=PETROL&siteId=GERMANY&damageUnrepaired=ALSO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&export=ALSO_EXPORT&customerIdsAsString=〈=en&pageNumber=11

Edited by forsh21

That one with the gti bumpers looks pretty impressive. Done a pretty good job with the spoiler too. Funny looking thing from angles as im used to the gti arches

I'm slightly confused too... and as Ben says Its not a 3L.... However i'd love the grill off it... desperately in need of an FSI grill fs, If anyone is able to get me the right Partnumber for it, and i manage to get it order and actually have it in my possession i could be tempted to pop someone £5 through paypal. ;)

Edited by BaileyVW

Right I'm now confused lol these cars are down as FSI which I fort was the 3L what's the difference?

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:10 PM

lets put some things right about 3L and fsi.

the fsi is pretty much the same car as the 3L. same alu wings, same front bumper (except other grille), doors from alu and the same weired shaped boot-lid. same straight side-skirts.

i think it came with the same 14" magnesium wheels. only real difference is the rear bumper, the fsi has a normal lupo bumper, the 3l has that kind of mud-flap-like design, similar to the gti.

interiour-wise both 3L and fsi have the golf mk3 seat consoles (whereas all other lupos have the mk4 consoles), the light-weight seats. i think the fsi has the standart steering wheel though, the 3L has that minimalistic magnesium wheel.

as RAB said, it has vw´s first mass-production fsi engine, 1400cc. it comes (as the 3L) with many lightweight parts, such as pretty much the entire front axle from alu. both cars need other coilies than normal lupos and there is no after-market anti-rollbar for them. the fsi has disc-brakes in the rear, the 3L some lightweight drums.

the biggest misery about both fsi and 3l is the gearbox. no manual versions sold at all. unfortunately, its neither a normal automatic gearbox with torque-converter, nor the dsg high-tech stuff. its some automated manual box, pretty much the same bull**** as in the mk1 smart. it takes ages for shifting, this is what makes it so slow and unsporty to drive.

the 3L has a switch for two modes, one for saving gas and one for beeing a bit quicker. it turns the boost up and down, depending on the mode. on efficiency mode, it turns off the engine as soon as the car stops (like hte new bmw´s. except there is no clutch, to tell the car to turn back on ).

also, the actuator of that gearbox brakes pretty much regularly and isnt cheap.

converting either car to a standart gearbox is mechanically possible of course, but its a hell lot of work to get the electrical side working, you must do major reprogramming to the entire can-bus system. AFAIK, no one has gone through that before. it would be well worth it though in my eyes, the fsi engine has quite a lot of power and the car is lighter than the gti. plus its really good on gas.

I'm slightly confused too... and as Ben says Its not a 3L.... However i'd love the grill off it... desperately in need of an FSI grill fs, If anyone is able to get me the right Partnumber for it, and i manage to get it order and actually have it in my possession i could be tempted to pop someone £5 through paypal. ;)

You mean this?

http://cgi.ebay.de/Kuhlergrill-Frontgrill-VW-Lupo-FSI-3L-schwarz-/190504310069?pt=Autoteile_Zubehör&hash=item2c5af11535#ht_500wt_1156

I NEED THAT! I've been searching for months continiously on ebay.de and other sites to try and get one but had no joy. Dropped the seller an email hopefully he might be to sell it too me.

Theres a few on there at the minute i hope someone can send me one over.

Edited by BaileyVW

• 3 weeks later...

as RAB said, it has vw´s first mass-production fsi engine, 1400cc. it comes (as the 3L) with many lightweight parts, such as pretty much the entire front axle from alu. both cars need other coilies than normal lupos and there is no after-market anti-rollbar for them. the fsi has disc-brakes in the rear, the 3L some lightweight drums.

the biggest misery about both fsi and 3l is the gearbox. no manual versions sold at all. unfortunately, its neither a normal automatic gearbox with torque-converter, nor the dsg high-tech stuff. its some automated manual box, pretty much the same bull**** as in the mk1 smart. it takes ages for shifting, this is what makes it so slow and unsporty to drive.

the 3L has a switch for two modes, one for saving gas and one for beeing a bit quicker. it turns the boost up and down, depending on the mode. on efficiency mode, it turns off the engine as soon as the car stops (like hte new bmw´s. except there is no clutch, to tell the car to turn back on ).

also, the actuator of that gearbox brakes pretty much regularly and isnt cheap.

converting either car to a standart gearbox is mechanically possible of course, but its a hell lot of work to get the electrical side working, you must do major reprogramming to the entire can-bus system. AFAIK, no one has gone through that before. it would be well worth it though in my eyes, the fsi engine has quite a lot of power and the car is lighter than the gti. plus its really good on gas.

The 'slow shifting' of the 3L and FSI is a myth. They can change gear quicker than any equivalent manual car and far faster than a Smart. Both the 3L and the FSI (5L) were built for maximum fuel economy so their lack of 'performance' should not come as too much of a suprise. The gear actuators are actually very reliable; 90% are changed unnecesarily due to the inability of the diagnostics to spot other faults, mainly expired accumulators. There is a clutch but no clutch pedal!

RAB

Edited by RAB