Lupo gti. aged 18

Samual

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at the end of the day though if he can afford a gti at his age then he must have some cash for insurance too.

if you think about it percentage wise - my first car was worth £500 quid, but i paid £1200 for insurance, more than twice the value of the car.

say the gti is worth 4.5k?..insurence is only half the price of the car.

Id rather have 2.2k in my pocket :lol:

It wouldn't be £2200 in your pocket though, you'd still be paying a fair wedge of that to insure any car.

And by the sounds of it, £2200 isn't an awful lot of money for insurance these days. :wacko:

You don't have to be loaded either. 18, living at home, no bills. If all you're interested in is your car then it's quite doable, even on sh*t part time wages.

It wouldn't be £2200 in your pocket though, you'd still be paying a fair wedge of that to insure any car.

And by the sounds of it, £2200 isn't an awful lot of money for insurance these days. :wacko:

You don't have to be loaded either. 18, living at home, no bills. If all you're interested in is your car then it's quite doable, even on sh*t part time wages.

Absolutely agree with this.

At my age £2200 is pretty standard, I know people paying that on a 1.0L saxo or equivalent tiny french car. Can't have been much less for a 100 or 75bhp lupo, may aswell go the whole hog!

Jake.

If I didn't spend it on insurance I'd only spend it on something else so why not :) it's affordable and you only live once!!

if you can afford it, crack on :)

it is expensive but at least you're paying 2.2k to insure a nice car, and not a ropey Clio or whatever for similar money, which a lot of people your age do.

enjoy your gti

For some reason I'm 17, been driving for 3months ish and insurance for a 100bhp sport is £1450 give or take a couple of quid.

Just called up to see how much it would be to upgrade to a gti and it's an extra £450, so £1900? Maybe it's cause I live in the quitest village it the world but meh...

• 3 weeks later...

I got my gti at 19 and paid 1600ish. Was pleased with that. Now I'm 22 and iv got 3 points, 4 years protected no claims, breakdown cover, legal protection, windscreen cover etc I'm paying 1250. Was gonna swap the car this year but reckon il leave it till next year now for insurance purposes!