Need a new subframe

Just taken my Lupo GTI to have the tracking sorted, but I've been told that it's actually the subframe which is bent! According to the mechanic who looked at it, it shouldn't be an expensive fix if I buy a used part.

What I need to know is, do I need a used subframe from a GTI model or can it come from any type of Lupo? My GTI is a 5 speed by the way . . .

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Also, I read that the polo subframe may fit the Lupo . . . is ths correct?

I don't think it's that expensive as a new part tbh

Do you know if I would contact VW and ask the parts dept or try and find another reputable dealer who can supply the genuine part? I'm really on a tight budget as I've just bought the car literally last night, so every penny saved is a brucie bonus!

I'm new to this whole VW thing, so I don't know of any parts companies, etc. :/

Check with Lupoboz on here if you want a new one, he gets good discounts.

Will do, thanks! :)

Here's one for ya, does anyone think it would be possible to straighten the front subframe, rather than buy a new or used one????

I know, I know, I sound really tight . . . I am Scottish after all! :P

I have finally found one from a breakers yard.

However, the guy I spoke to says it came off a Polo GTI and that it is suitable for the Lupo and Arosa.

What do you guys think?

No, it's not.

You need one off a lupo GTI, only a lupo GTI and not a stupid polo GTI.

The polo GTI is the same as a normal lupo one, hence why it's so easy putting in a polo GTI engine.

The normal lupo and polo GTI use 084/085 gearboxes.

The loop GTI and one polo in the world use the 02T gearbox.

Because of this the rear engine mount is in a different place which results in different subframes.

• 3 weeks later...

Because of this the rear engine mount is in a different place which results in different subframes.

Still on the hunt for a subframe! :(

Rich, you mentioned above that the difference between subframes on a normal Loop compared to a GTI is down to gearboxes . . . my question is, what Polo uses the same 02T Gearbox and will the subframe from this model fit onto the Lupo GTI?

Still on the hunt for a subframe! :(

Rich, you mentioned above that the difference between subframes on a normal Loop compared to a GTI is down to gearboxes . . . my question is, what Polo uses the same 02T Gearbox and will the subframe from this model fit onto the Lupo GTI?

My polo.

• 1 year later...

sorry to do a huge bump it just saves makinga new thread. you say the polo subframe is the same as a standard lupo. i have an arosa tdi 52 reg will the subframe be the same as a polo 9N 1.4tdi?

Sorry to take so long to reply, you need a TDI subframe. Although to make your life easier, the TDI and GTI subframe are the same.

A 9N is different, a 6n2 TDI will fit though.

2 6 speed GTI polos.

there's another one on here!

Il will when i find him, he had a few posts on here the other day. his display picture is the Lupo engine in the polo, it also said hes driving a 6 spd Polo gti..

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showuser=18564

Georgen

Edited by James827