Spoon's Lupo Project

Spoon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the carbon monoxide poisoning, im still here and poison free :) and cutting the floor out would have been an option but to be honest it would have been alot of work for pretty much the same effect. the part of the rear body ive cut away was of no structural importance because if it was i wouldnt of removed it, im not an idiot. the exhaust box is mounted on four exhaust "bobbins" so theres no rattles, knocks or bangs. the plate on the top is only there untill the tail pipes are on then it will be welded or fix another way.

It sounds great and without the cats its given a bit of a power gain so im happy :)

Nice work so far, loving the door cards.

Is it not stupidly loud inside the car though as well as outside?

Cheers. it is quite loud inside but thats because i cant put any matting down untill the tail pipes are on but to be honest its no worse than the smart roadster i had. ive been told that its not that loud outside which is strange but im yet to see.

So if lets say the exhaust came loose at the backbox after you have welded it all up...

Am i right in thinking youd have to unweld it all to access the connection?

well theres a plate welded across the rear section of the well with another plate riveted to the top so that if it ever needed to come off its easy. also all the connections that could come loose are on the outside of the wheel well and every connection on the inside has been fully TIG welded so its not like they could just come loose. Ive had our motorsport engineer have a look over the whole job and he said its all well and good just make sure the plate in the car is seam sealed :)

Yes but by the sounds of things it would have still been easier to cut the old wheel well out and weld in a sport wheel well.

It sounds like you're creating a lot of work for yourself for no reason, not to mention making it more awkward to actually access your exhaust for any reason.

You might as well just hook a hose pipe up to your exhaust and run it into the front windows if you ask me! If you find yourself turning up to work feeling sleepy with a very pink face then it probably means you're getting CO poisoning, enjoy!

Fair play to ya mate.

That exhaust will be fine, so long as you cover it with sheet metal and make sure it's sealed. I think you should stop being a puff though and take the mid box back out! :P

I also think those door cards are the absolute dogs knackers! You could make a small fortune if you produced a few copies of them! I for one would snap your hand off! :)

This makes a change to all the polishers on this forum! Keep up the good work! *pats on back*

Fair play to ya mate.

That exhaust will be fine, so long as you cover it with sheet metal and make sure it's sealed. I think you should stop being a puff though and take the mid box back out! :P

I also think those door cards are the absolute dogs knackers! You could make a small fortune if you produced a few copies of them! I for one would snap your hand off! :)

This makes a change to all the polishers on this forum! Keep up the good work! *pats on back*

Thanks mate, i cant belive no one has seen the picture with a plate over the top, theres no gasses leaking into the passenger cabin because its 100% sealed. as for fitting the sport wheel well, thats a hell of a load more work and to be honest i dont wanna be spending money if i can do something that just takes time. at the end of the day not everyone will agree with or like the way ive done things or the things ive done but to be honest i dont mind because its different and i like it :)

Your exhaust is the stupidest thing I've seen on a car this past decade...

Slight exaggeration.

He's just rendered his spare wheel well useless, hardly the end of the world. As long as it's sealed on top of it, I don't see the problem? Personally... wouldn't have done it that way, but it's not my car.

Slight exaggeration.

He's just rendered his spare wheel well useless, hardly the end of the world. As long as it's sealed on top of it, I don't see the problem? Personally... wouldn't have done it that way, but it's not my car.

yeah i also think its a slight exaggeration. how can making a job quick and simple be a problem? id never need the spare wheel well and i couldnt be bothered to cut it out. when the gti bumpers on and the tail pipes you wont be able to see any of it anyway so i cant see the problem, it was an easy solution to a straight forward problem

What you doing to make the Gti bumper fit?

well i dunno whether to make wide arches on the back or just cut and widen the rear section to meet the bumper, either way it will be alot of filler work which is allways fun. im hoping to do it this weekend aslong as ive finnished fibre glassing the number plate recess. ill get some pictures up when i can for people to pick fault :)