Laser blue open air on air ( time to move on )

Lermy

I wish oscar was open air, change that wind deflector though.

im guna love it in the summer, how do i change it and where can i get a different one?

• 2 weeks later...

New Pics after a wax

DSC_0528.jpg

DSC_0529.jpg

DSC_0530.jpg

DSC_0531.jpg

DSC_0533.jpg

DSC_0534.jpg

DSC_0535.jpg

DSC_0537.jpg

DSC_0538.jpg

de-wiperd the tailgate to find the glass has been scratched where it bolts on so may get myself a new rear screen next year, more lows will come, and alot more mods next year inside and out when i get my in-heritance

Edited by Lermy

im guna love it in the summer, how do i change it and where can i get a different one?

Polo 6N open air one fits perfectly and it's smooth.

I did it on my old Yellow Open air lupo mate.

Photo-0055.jpg

Photo-0618rrrrr.jpg

peoples thoughts on this idea please

a guy i work with is well into his old skool dubs has a oval beetle, split screen camper and a type3 square back, bascily he does pinstriping

example

Z1rMOjZdyjH2Jn0.jpg

i was thinkin bring this into my lupo in places airbox cover interior door shuts maybe etc

im well into my hotrods and really like pinstriping so wanted to try and bring it over to my lupo + i havnt seen it on one yet

what do you guys reckon if it will look naff i wont bother

well i was thinking door shuts either side above the door catch center console bit at the top, when i get my install started do the amps, and get the parcel shelf retrimmed and have it embroided with a pinstripe design

and the airbox top,

wanted to try metal polishing today so had a go on a bit in the engine bay

DSC_0560.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

DSC_0564.jpg

had a go at the exhaust aswell only did the tip i got to cold and it started snowing really heavy

DSC_0566.jpg

DSC_0567.jpg

thoughts?

need to get some finer grade flatting paper to get a mirror shine :)

Edited by Lermy

Love the colour of this car, its as close as you will get to M3 Avus blue, good job on the polishing, whats the Tllest (Titleist) sticker mean ? ? ?

cheers still needs a bit more to bring it up more but will do for now lol, its illest http://fatlace.com/

stickers or no stickers? thoughts please i really dont wana ruin it but i do like a few stickers lol also new colour scheme im going for...... blue and burgandy

love the colour and personally i dont like stickers but yours arnt to obvious good work

cheers ive got some more lol my fatlace one got ripped so got a new one, and i got 2 new illest ones one in white and the other in burgandy but thinkin im guna stick the burgandy one over the grey one so it looks 3d ive got a club lupo.com in the wheel whores style to go on lol and a knuckle duster

This is such a clean and interesting/rare spec'd car I'd probably avoid stickers.

This car is nice as stock so has massive potential with a few neat ideas.

Great thing about these metallic blue cars is they compliment primary colours and neutral colour really well.

little bits like the anthracite badge backings I am well into :coffee:

EDIT: Also the polo open air wind deflector, I never wrote down the part number of it

(normally i'm pretty good at writing down part numbers too :lol: )

I just trawled ebay, scrap yards and club polo until I found one.

They were fitted to both the 6n and 6n2 Polo;s with the Webasto roof.

European spec mk1 Arosa's fitted with the open air roof came with the polo diffuser, so not sure why VW changed it for the Lupo. I doubt there are many with it fitted but ebay.de might be worth a look

Edited by Jowey

cheers i shall have a look about then may have an update next week going to speak to my boss and see if i can get my car into work and paint center console speedo domes door handle bits and a few bits under the bonnet all in anthracite but a ferrari colour and then some parts in gloss black

as im writing this my car is in the bodyshop had alot of interior plastics taken out and being sprayed and few bits under the bonnet should be done friday so will put some pics up when i get it back

ok new update, got my car back and decided to take it for a photoshoot as i havnt had a decent one yet so here goes

interior bits

lupo77.jpg

lupo75.jpg

lupo74.jpg

lupo73.jpg

lupo72.jpg

lupo71.jpg

lupo69.jpg

engine bay, want to add a few billet or alloy goodies and got some pinstriping being done for me soon on airbox

lupo65.jpg

lupo63.jpg

new stickers

lupo61.jpg

lupo60.jpg

and pics

lupo56.jpg

lupo54.jpg

lupo52.jpg

lupo44.jpg

lupo46.jpg

lupo43.jpg

lupo42.jpg

lupo41.jpg

lupo48.jpg

standard grill on order, more lows to come, waiting on a large sum of money to get some bodywork done, smooth front bumper, few more bits painted, o.z turbos, a few little bits and pieces

I can't get enough Anthracite at the moment :wub:

When the Standard grille shows up.. remove the badge Buy a second boot badge and make it fit on the front,

In the recess. The boot badges look nicer IMO.

props for a real nice car