Project nemo!!

Rudaz

Ok so owned my loop for a year now and am still loving it as much as the day i took it home, been to a few shows and done a few bits and bats to the car so thought i would FINALLY make a section in the members cars!! :lol:

ok so when i bought her she looked like this..

lupoatdubpresmeet7may09.jpg

since then i have added a dvd player and some audi TT knee rests

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

and made it my own with my private reg..

DSCF0027.jpg

a few touches up of the paint work, removed the rear wiper arm, and i also added a passat rear badge colour coded to match and had my front bumper smoothed out.

DSCF0189.jpg

DSCF0187.jpg

after a service and brakes change i decided to treat her to a new set of rims so i ordered some lenso bsx and had them wrapped in nankangs (not too much stretch, but not big bouncy tyres! :lol: )

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0043.jpg

DSCF0193.jpg

just a few weeks ago i decided they needed a lick of paint so this happened :lol: with the matching grille badge of course!!

DSCF0647-1.jpg

DSCF0648.jpg

i have done other things but off the top of my head cant remember so just thought i would put the pics of things i had done on and i can update it as and when :P bar the bumper being done all the work done has been of my own doing and as its a hobby i really enjoy doing this!

would love any feedback good or bad and keep posted! im hoping to have a bash at the interior soon soo we shall see :lol:

and a most recent one from VW Fest 2010

DSCF0650.jpg

Edited by Rudaz

Ha! Nice car, not sure about the pin stripes, but hey it's good to be different.

If you seen an idiot waving at you yesterday morning that was me thinking you were fatttty when I seen the silver with red wheels!

Looked good and clean on the stand, but no-one around when I looked.

Looks great! I actually quite like the pin stripes, although it's not usually my cup of tea :)

Knee rests are a nice touch too B)

• 1 month later...

in the past few months i have taken out the centre plastic dash and sprayed it up gloss black inc the side vents

DSCF0821.jpg

still needs a bit more polishing but at the moment im quite happy for it to stay like that throughout the winter

also vinyl wrapped my pillars, just a little no time mod but i dont know why these were never gloss as standard??

DSCF0750.jpg

fitted front polly bushes

DSCF0745.jpg

DSCF0746.jpg

DSCF0747.jpg

DSCF0748.jpg

recently just purchesed a set of porsche 944 front seats and have learnt how to use a sewing machine so hopefully by ultimate dubs 2011 they should be in and looking sweet!! thats it for now, over and out! ;)

• 3 months later...

quite a lot of work to update on this time!

As said i bought a set of porsche 944 seats that were in a desperate state but were cheap so thought why not ill give my hand at that, so i borrowed a sewing machine and decided on a material to use..

the old material before (this was the best piece too!) :lol:

DSCF0843.jpg

to redo the material took me ages a bit at a time but i powered through it and even got some porsche badges for the headrests and 3m di-noc carbon fibre wrap for small details ;)

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

once i had them both done up i started playing around with ideas on how to fit them so i could still get the low riding height that i love. I settled with 20mm and 35mm (i think) box section and constructed a frame that is bolted through 4 holes in the existing runners and two at the front (where the small piece of metal chassis comes up) and bolted with branded 8.8 bolts and lock nuts for saftey :)

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

i wanted to do the door cards up similar to match as the greyish material looks tatty IMO and stains relitivly easy but thought doing it in the black fluff stuff would be a bit too OTT so recovered them with a fleece throw recently purchaced for the house :P oops!!

IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg

This material is excellent because like a sweade style or carpet, it changes colour slightly depending on which way you brush it, as does the fluff on the seats so i thought this would work well. I sanded off all that awful grey rubber sh*te and used wet and dry paper to bring the plastic up shiney! i found it too difficult to do this around where the handle is so i wrapped it lol!!

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

will be doing the rear seats too in the next few weeks but am going to do them as a seat cover as apposed to 'recovering' them incase i want to take it off at some point. (because i can still swap and change to my old seats if need be at any point)

recieved my new set of coilovers yet to be fitted as i am waiting for my wheels to be back from the powdercoaters! (will update the wheels when they are back as i cant wait to see how they have turned out!!) and will have slightly more stretch on them this time!

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

...aaaannnnddd got hold of a stand ticket for ultimate dubs outside so will be there for the 3rd year running ;)

Cheers guys! I'm really pleased with the outcome especially to say I have never even been near a sewing machine before let alone use one! Lol. Also apart from buying the seats I would say it cost me around 90quid all in to recover and fit which isn't bad to say the price on a retrim lol :D did a bit more work today will upload pics later as not on my computer at the min.

Bet them seats keep you warm on the fold mornings Haha looks insane but cool

This was the idea but didn't think by the time I had finished them it would be nearly spring :D nevermind I'm well prepared for next year lol

• 2 weeks later...

another big update!

i got my wheels back of my mate and fitted them the other day along with my new AP suspension, top mounts and link rods!

IMG_1778.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

the colour is a new set of paints he has just got in and its a flip purple that is sort of perlescent in the right lights :) had the dishes laqured so they are slightly duller than before but couldnt be bothered polishing all the time.

Oh and chrome spikes :lol:

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

i had the front geille badge painted to match also

IMG_1789.jpg

realise that its probably not to everyones taste but im happy with it so :P

i 3m carboned the external pillars

IMG_1740.jpg

IMG_1799.jpg

bought a few parts to give it a service!

IMG_1780.jpg

i retrimmed my rear bench to match and had some material left so did a few throw cushions to pop on the back bench (which i can also use when camping at shows :lol: )

IMG_1782.jpg

oh and also not really on the car but our lass got me this cool canvas made up for valentines day ;)

IMG_1827.jpg

Then today i set about the big clean ready for ultimate dubs! still a lot to do but took some clean shots in the sun!

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

Dirty / Clean

IMG_1819.jpg

Enjoy!