If you spend all Sunday 'detailing' your car...

IDGM

SO let me get this right i'm giving this guy a million pound super car and he's taking a month to clean it.

Or in other words, driving it for 28 days and cleaning it for 2.

Cleaver guy in my opinion, he gets super cars loaned to him for a month at a time and he gets paid for it and before he gives it back he has to clean it.

another way for people with too much money to give it away. But surly their isn't that many millionaires willing to pay the 7k price tag?

most rich people are rich because thier tight with their money.

Win ?

Edited by dj_lupz

If the guy has the car for 4 weeks, and does a 5 day week, that's £350 a day by my reckoning. I'd guess his cost of materials is quite low per car, so it's all about rent, cost of equipment and his wages.

Fair play to him for spotting a niche market. He's selling the ideal and if his work lives up to it, there's clearly nothing his client base can moan about.

Edited by IDGM

Spending that much is stupid in my opinion, im sure people on detailing world do exactly the same thing for a lot less.

Bugatti Veyron Cost : £1,063,826

'Month long car wash' Cost : £7,000

0.65% of the car's value.

Good Lupo Gti cost : £7k

'Normal' detailing session : £300

4.28% of the car's value.

I don't see the issue tbh, it's all relative.

Edited by richie.guy

Loving the good old percentages.

What's the problem? If I had the money to buy these wonderful cars I would want to keep them in A1 condition, and I'm sure if I had the coin for a Veyron or Zonda I could stump up the 7K required.

Although since everyone skim reads, I'm sure from reading that he does the usual 2/3 days detailing jobs which no doubt will be his bread and butter work at probably similar costs to normal detailling places.

That's a great way of looking at it!

What do you use on your car?!?

I've heard of machine polishers but you can buy those and use them yourself, I've never heard of the term paint correction, thats what I'm saying fella. I suppose it can be a widely used term, if I'm off to wash and polish my car I could say I'm off to do some paint correction! But I'm not really up on my detailing I'm ashamed to say. Could do with some pointers really to get my car beaming like I see on a few of the other cars on here! I wash it regularly and polish it but it never seems to come up anywhere near as shiney as some!!

Paint correction isn't just about machine polishing , you have to actually have results of paint thickness's to work from and correct

Paint correction isn't just about machine polishing , you have to actually have results of paint thickness's to work from and correct

Ye I know that I ment it in the sense that the 'correction' part of it is achieved by machine polishing. Obviously you have to have the depths measured etc. so on so you know how far you can go down or how far you need to go down. :)

Hmm I love spending hours cleaning my car :)

why!! its so boring lol, i do it because i like a shiney car but i hardly enjoy spending hours polishing and waxing!

Like to keep the interior clean to, seats often come out to get a good hovering in :P

I just love seeing the after affect, and the fact it does literally take me hours, the wheels take an hour of my time on top of the actual car aswell so i've just got used to it!!