Pikey fixes.

scotty_82

Today i managed to fix a classic 96 impreza using some chemical metal , a two pence piece and a jubilee clip lol

Basically the pipe from the turbo to the intercooler ( standard item not FMIC) had an elbow on it which goes off to the dump valve , this had snapped off leaving a hole on the boost pipe , we tried various options of bungs but couldnt find anything to fit inside of it, so the last option was to chemical metal the outside of the hole , bang a two pence piece over the top of it and chemical metal over that then jubilee clip it tight , plus a bit more chemical metal to make sure. It should hold until tomorrow when he can get a new hose sorted.

34653_411634776890_500491890_5075216_120641_n.jpg

I also managed to fix a 106 before when a throttle cable snapped, using a locker key with the cable tied onto it then jammed into the TB. We could only get 3/4 throttle but it got us the 40 miles home and saved use form the ritual 2-3 hours AA waiting time.

Its only got to get him to work and back before the new pipe is fitted, plus nothings open on a sunday to get parts , so it had to be a pikey fix :lol:

I used a wire tie wrap to hold the fuel pipe onto the injector mech on my cinq. With a little help from the aa man. Lasted another 6 months till the car got written off.

Tie wraps are the route to fix everything.

Forgot to mention when my bros fuel pump on his nova decided to rot itself free ( its located near the rear wheel so gets alot of **** tossed up there off it) we re- attatched it with those tiny little tie wraps you can get , they were all multi coloured too , it ended up looking like the campest fuel pump ever.

I bought a cheapy track rod end off the bay which to no surprise ended up being too short on the bit where it screws onto the track rod so i put about 6 washers on it to get the tracking right. forgot about it until mot time when i got abslute reemed for it haha

Way back when, on a rainy day in Bolton, I had the stutters in my 1981 Mini. A squirt of WD40 and quick nip into Boots provided the answer - a couple of not so carefully pierced Durex over the distributor.

The same car also had shoelace operated wipers at one stage, not fun on the M61.

a classic 96 impreza

Is that how old a car has to be these days to qualify as a classic?

once fitted a second hand turbo to a 306 diesel for a mate but the one he got wasnt right, so all the original pipework wouldnt fit so using a load of plastic plumbing pipe, 45 and 90 degree pieces screwed together it was up and running at 1 o'clock in the morning ready for him to get to work the next day. we used call them yacker (farmer) fixes, from my days working at landrover us to see all sorts held together with billy band. seen landrover 90s come for service where the propshaft uj had failed they had been driving it strapped up with billy band and the same with an engine mount.

also the yaris handbrake adjusters fail if they arent adjusted correctly and the handbrake backs off. have used the legendary cable tie for a temp repair on them. adjust it up and put it round the threads so it cant wind down. and just started working with a lad that seems to repair everthing with q bond. it makes a hard plastic fix, put some glue down, pour plastic powder on then pour more glue on.