Why are some people with nice VWs so miserable?

DarkStryder360

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...just a shepherds crook out of the window and catch Sarah by whatever she is, or is not, wearing and drag her home then.

BMW has now stolen the Best Manufacturer title from Toyota.

To be honest, I've come to learn that although people may share a passion for cars they don't always want to share that passion with people they don't know.

Not the way I am, if I see someone in a nice car I'll comment on it or strike up a conversation about it. You'll find that 70% of people will happily talk about cars then there's that other bunch of people that are just moody gits that can't be ar$ed!

Thing is you tend to find some people look put out because your car may be nicer than theirs. Almos that jealousy that if they ignore you/your car that they may not feel inferior. Sad really.

I've pulled up next too a guy in a white Murcielago and had a conversation with him at the petrol station. I'm sat in a VW worth £4k and he's in a £100k super car yet both have something in common of loving cars.

Yes actually I do. :)

You beat me to it.

...just a shepherds crook out of the window and catch Sarah by whatever she is, or is not, wearing and drag her home then.

BMW has now stolen the Best Manufacturer title from Toyota.

Photos please.

BMW still rank high on the most nobbiest driver title though.

women should only belong at home in the kitchen and only gays drive convertables

Well said :lol:

More on topic, I think that you'll find it is the same with any group of car followers, not just the VW scene. I'm sure if you asked some old blokes about their Cortina, Astra GTE, or 205 GTi, they would react the same. They might own the car because they bought it from new or own it because they can't afford to change it, but not actually care that much about the actual car (which I know is a shame, but not everyone is in to cars like us).

Edited by NOCK

Photos please.

I know noubt about Toyotas, but here's a shepherds crook in a Toyota, possibly an Avensis,...

Omalos%20Toyota.jpg

...waiting for darkness and the opportunity to go look for Sarah.

Thing is you tend to find some people look put out because your car may be nicer than theirs. Almos that jealousy that if they ignore you/your car that they may not feel inferior. Sad really.

thats quite true

Not the way I am, if I see someone in a nice car I'll comment on it or strike up a conversation about it. You'll find that 70% of people will happily talk about cars then there's that other bunch of people that are just moody gits that can't be ar$ed!

This is my point. If anyone understands what its like living in Plymouth, where there is me, and an Arosa. The only Lupo/'Rosas, modified in the city, and nice VW's are far and few between here.

I dont speak to many people about cars because they're all chavs and drive f*cking bright orange bodykitted Ford Probes and a million Saxo's populate the city, so when I do expect to find someone to speak to about cars, with the same wheels as me, looking really nice, I dont expect them to be sh*tty towards me.

Anyone disagreeing with that is as miserable as the guy in question.

There's a lot of miserable people at one-make car shows, I think the modern forum culture doesn't help. People are fantastic at communicating via a keyboard, terrible at communicating face to face.

I enjoy doing RWYB's. I love talking to people at the track and asking Q's about their cars no matter what the badge is on the front, everyone is pretty friendly, probably because you all have the same aim. Only the Yank car guys can get a little funny with you, cos they tend to look down on FWD hatches.

I dont speak to many people about cars because they're all chavs and drive f*cking bright orange bodykitted Ford Probes and a million Saxo's populate the city, so when I do expect to find someone to speak to about cars, with the same wheels as me, looking really nice, I dont expect them to be sh*tty towards me.

No offence, but what a ****ty attitude to have. Just because you have a Kellogs Euro spec Lupo does not make you any better than those people. Try talking to them, they might be nice people.

This is my point. If anyone understands what its like living in Plymouth, where there is me, and an Arosa. The only Lupo/'Rosas, modified in the city, and nice VW's are far and few between here.

Anyone disagreeing with that is as miserable as the guy in question.

You think chavs drive bright orange body kitted Ford Probes, perhaps the guy in question thinks your a chav?!?!

Maybe the guy just likes MK1s and isnt into all the scene/forum BS, and therefore will have thought you a complete oddball for asking him about his car, the same way you would if i started asking you about your 'snazzy' trainers/coat/push bike/umbrella.

:wacko:

tbf you sohuldnt judge book by its cover

if i see a car(granted mainly dubs) thats been modified i will hapilly give a flash, wave, nod whatever

i dont always get it back,

somtimes ill be drivig away and get flashed waved nodded wahtever but dont respond cus im in a world of my own.

dont take it personal obviously he didnt care,

say hi to the chavs in saxo's see what they say

last time i checked to be young and mod a car ment you were a boy racer/chav despite its badge

thats how some poele act towards me.

i know plenty of 'chavy' people who actually know more about cars in genral than me

and more about dubs but there you go

my 2 pence :)

Hang on.... Am I the only person clockin onto the '550+ bhp corsa b'?

Pics.... And an explanation..... or it didn't happen.... Which I suspect.

Begging to be proven wrong though of course...

Edited by GtiJames

Hang on.... Am I the only person clockin onto the '550+ bhp corsa b'?

Pics.... And an explanation..... or it didn't happen.... Which I suspect.

Begging to be proven wrong though of course...

Well I know of a silly BHP Tigra, think that's the 500-600bhp mark, with a 10 second 1/4 mile to back that figure up lol

Pic > http://richardsmith.fotopic.net/p64676641.html

ive had it befor with the more classic dubbers, into there caddys, mk1's, derbys n tht and its come across as they dont have the time or patience for the nu skool dubs if you get me like lupos, newer polos, mk5's etc,

i have come across this a couple of times, perhaps hes just one of those, and am not sayin all people with a mk1 etc are like that befor anyone starts an argument lol

Whats wrong with it? Just because its a Corsa?

Not at all, just thought 550bhp upwards seems alot for... Well... Any car really! How'd he do it?

12.2 @ 128? launch and 60ft fail :lol: Needs to try it on a proper prepped track tbh, should drop straight into the 11s. 128mph trap should mean a 10 second pass if he could launch hard, needs a 1.6-1.8 60ft time.

Tom - wasn't sure what sort of power Specky's Tigra runs at, he talks to my Dad a lot at the track and we were chatting about suspension mods last time I spoke to him! haha.

Edited by LiamD

OP: Haven't you seen the ad for the golf on uchoob? The one where everything crap's just happened to the guy, but, he still has his golf to drive home in.

Just saying, you know ;)

I know I'm a little late replying on this but anyway....

I think this is more about common courtesy than cars! If I took the time to tell a stranger that he had a nice car I'd expect a 'thanks' at the very least. If I got a response of 'OK' I'd be well within my rights to be a little upset just like the author of this thread is. It's just rude and unnecessary, it doesn't hurt to thank someone who is being kind towards you and your property!

Some little chav girl who was probably about 14 shouted 'nice car' through my window the other day as I drove past. I shouted back 'thankyou' as I appreciated it... I was just being courteous back to her. With my car looking the way it is now I get regular comments from people, puts a smile on my face every time, the least I can do is thank them for it. Anyone who doesn't is plain rude.

I'll also say that I'm quite a shy person in general, I'm not the kind of person who has the confidence to go up to strangers and have a conversation with them, but like I said, all this guy needed to say was thanks!

Before ever owning a VW I'd heard grumbles about the VW scene though on other forums, mainly aimed at Edition 38, people saying they're up their own arses etc.

Right so because this guy happens to drive a VW he should talk to every little noob that pesters him! Maybe he was on a promise and wanted to get home and couldn't care less if you drive a girls/OAP car.

I get little chavs telling me I have a nice car all the time and majority of the time I blank them because they're little retards!

What a crap stuck-up attitude to have. You may think you're better than the chavs in question but when you totally blank them when they're complimenting your car don't you think that makes you worse than the chav? A simple appreciative 'thanks' in return wouldn't hurt. :rolleyes:

The fact you referred to the person paying the compliment as a 'noob' says it all really, ie, you think you're above them and therefore wont give them the time of day. Very stuck-up!

I think this is more about common courtesy than cars! If I took the time to tell a stranger that he had a nice car I'd expect a 'thanks' at the very least. If I got a response of 'OK' I'd be well within my rights to be a little upset just like the author of this thread is. It's just rude and unnecessary, it doesn't hurt to thank someone who is being kind towards you and your property!

Some little chav girl who was probably about 14 shouted 'nice car' through my window the other day as I drove past. I shouted back 'thankyou' as I appreciated it... I was just being courteous back to her. With my car looking the way it is now I get regular comments from people, puts a smile on my face every time, the least I can do is thank them for it. Anyone who doesn't is plain rude.

I'll also say that I'm quite a shy person in general, I'm not the kind of person who has the confidence to go up to strangers and have a conversation with them, but like I said, all this guy needed to say was thanks!

Before ever owning a VW I'd heard grumbles about the VW scene though on other forums, mainly aimed at Edition 38, people saying they're up their own arses etc.

Cheers for the positive comment lol!

Good to see someone understands where I am coming from.

There's a lot of miserable people at one-make car shows, I think the modern forum culture doesn't help. People are fantastic at communicating via a keyboard, terrible at communicating face to face.

I enjoy doing RWYB's. I love talking to people at the track and asking Q's about their cars no matter what the badge is on the front, everyone is pretty friendly, probably because you all have the same aim. Only the Yank car guys can get a little funny with you, cos they tend to look down on FWD hatches.

No offence, but what a ****ty attitude to have. Just because you have a Kellogs Euro spec Lupo does not make you any better than those people. Try talking to them, they might be nice people.

I never said it made me better than those people, I just wouldnt no what to say to someone about their car, run of the mill chav Saxo, or the over the top Probe. No one is that good at lying. I will talk to them if they talked to me though quite happily.

You think chavs drive bright orange body kitted Ford Probes, perhaps the guy in question thinks your a chav?!?!

Thats like when I was a kid, I though there was an "alternative" version of Medal of Honor, where the German gamers shot Yanks. Never knew if that was true....