After more than 7 years of ownership, I've regrettably decided it's time to part ways with my beloved Lupo GTI so I can satisfy my urge for a convertible whilst I'm still in a position to do so.
2002 Lupo GTI
Full service history
MOT expiry 14/05/2017
I purchased the car on a bit of a whim on 19/09/2009, after deciding the Audi TT I'd owned for a month just wasn't for me at that time. I never expected I'd still own it over 7 years later, but that's a testament to how much fun this little car is, whilst also being affordable to own and run.
It's been run almost exclusively on Shell V-Power since I've owned it. I always drive it with respect when the engine's cold, it doesn't go above 3,000rpm and I drive it gently until it's reached operating temperature.
The car has 13 stamps in the service book, the first 5 of those being VW dealership, and the rest were all carried out by VAG specialists. I've kept pretty much every receipt I've ever had for parts or work carried out on the car, including all MOT records and invoices for services I've had done. The service intervals are as follows:
04/09/13 - 5837 miles
14/05/04 - 8669 miles
07/05/05 - 17886 miles
15/12/05 - 26814 miles
??/01/07 - 39730 miles
02/02/09 - 52460 miles
31/07/10 - 61093 miles
13/08/11 - 67923 miles
08/09/12 - 73423 miles
23/08/13 - 79941 miles
18/04/14 - 84221 miles
28/05/15 - 90830 miles
26/05/15 - 94594 miles
Cam belt and water pump replaced @ 80,651 miles on 26/09/13.
The condition of the bodywork is around what you would expect for a 14 year old car that's daily driven. There are stone chips and light scratches. There is some damage to the sill on the drivers side, I think part of this was a result of driving the car low, and also because I was once driving past a kid on a skateboard who wiped out and his skateboard rolled out into the road, hitting the car as I was driving past. The paint on the spoiler is bubbled, mostly on the underside (common fault).
- Weitec Hicon GT coilovers
- Compomotive TH Mono 15x8 wheels with 195/45 Uniroyal Rainsport's, all with excellent tread depth. Some curbing to wheels.
- camber shims on the rear to achieve negative camber, used to run 2 sets, now has 1 set fitted, wanted to remove all the camber but needed the arch clearance due to the 195/45 tyres. The front is also cambered.
- optional extra leather seats, unfortunately didn't get the door cards with them.
- Alpine head unit
- Custom cat-back stainless steel exhaust fitted on 08/08/15 by MIJ Exhausts in Walsall. It's a little louder than standard but quite subtle and easy to live with
- chassis notched
- high level brake light stopped working (not an MOT fail)
- driver's door doesn't lock/unlock from the key fob 95% of the time so you have to put the key in
- passenger door speaker has a tear in it, sounds ok at normal levels but it becomes noticeable at higher volume and/or bass heavy songs
- front VW badge surround is cracked due to someone driving into the car at low speed whilst parked
- rear tyres catch the arches over bigger bumps
The car has recently had a new starter motor, wheel bearing, ABS ring & sensor, and o/s/r brake calliper fitted.
Test drives welcome but only if you bring proof that you're insured to drive other cars on your policy.
Hopefully I've covered everything but feel free to ask any questions. I'm located in Tipton in the West Midlands.
No swaps please.