lupo gti 1/4 mile time

luke_lupo

I dont think it is really, my mates 150bhp turbo punto runs just under 16s but it struggles to get traction off the line.

I imagine a gti will get traction easily and you can use its whole rev range without having to worry about loosing boost etc.

Sounds about right to me.

No - any other strip and I might believe it, but Santa Pod? I've had my GTI up there many a time, and seen lots of other standard GTIs go up there, lots with BMCs etc. in the 7 or so years I've been here. I've never seen a standard Lupo GTI or GTI with air filter only do anything better than 15.9, although I've heard of a 15.8.

There's either something seriously not standard about the car or somebody is mistaken. There is no way that anyone could be 1 sec. quicker due to driving ability alone.

(we're talking best times here - most are mid 16s)

A question for Luke...

What were you up against, and did they beat you?

(If they did, then you're probably looking at the wrong time. Both cars are printed on the same slip - check the other time.)

well i was gettin 15. 4 all day then the last go i head i raced my m8s 1.4 16v polo beat it like but

that was my time 14.9 sec and my car hasnt had no engine work done, but i just had a new box and cluch

hay all

i went to gti fest at stanta pod and my time was 14.9 i just wanna no if thats the time is right 4 a gti

thanks luke

pics of timeslip or it never happened.

also make sure you are looking at the correct side of the timeslip - notice below your race number is highlighted.

25418_382371136093_511031093_4082782_5383309_n.jpg

does seem a better than usual time for a standard gti in my eyes. but if its not a genuine mistake somewhere along the line what does he have to gain from lying bout it really??

Not sure at all what he's got to gain from lying... I'm not him. He might be mistaken though.

And:

That doesn't sound like a race number, it sounds like the start of a reg. number.

Slip please.

The slip I posted was my race number. So D128 or C209 couldn't be your number... also notice the top of the slip that says York :lol:

Last time I went to Santa Pod my number was B something...

DSC_0053-4.jpg

Bit pointless posting up your car is "X" fast without any proof!! 14.9 @ 99mph means you have sod all traction tbh, a 99mph terminal speed normally means a low 14 maybe even a 13. So I'm claiming your full of poop as Lupo GTi's in standard trim barely have enough power to spin the wheels outside of 1st gear, especially on a prepped track!

Heres my time from last year, car was missing at top end and both 02 sensors were broken.

155squartermile.jpg

15.5s @84MPH

since then ive fixed both 02 sensors and on the rollers i got 144bhp so i think its time for some pod sessions to get a better 1/4 mile time :P

Edited by robgti