Test Drove a GTI today

tom199

Oh my god the power :?

There's a 2001 Black GTI with full Scorpion Exhaust system and K&N Cold fed Induction kit for sale down the road from me.

It sounds absolutely incredible.

They're asking £6995, and will give me £3500 for my Arosa, leaving me needing to find £3495.

Shall I....?

QUOTE(tdwindustries)
no tax on guernsey right?

Nope, no VAT.

I can pay the Lupo off at 118 a month over 3 years apparently. Which is fine.

I want the GTI so bad. But the insurance will be the deciding factor. Being a spriteful 19 years of age.

QUOTE(LupoGTI_Lee)
wen i was 19, my insurance was 1500 (around that area) with 3 points on licence... but that was under my dads as well...

I'm on my dads at the moment. But after my little "incident" in the Arosa, he would like me swiftly removed from his and onto my own :oops:

My girlfirend is 20.

She has one years no claimes.

She has been driving for a year and a half.

We got a quote for her this year, on a GTi with me as named driver and it was only £40 a year more than we are paying now.

You may be supprised.

It was only gonna cost us £900.

Go for it buddy!

I've been told to try Tesco's, Adrian Flux, and Privelidge, those are all insurance companies we don't have here in Guernsey, but will apparently insure us. There is 17 year olds driving around in 2litre Preludes and stuff thanks to Adrian Flux, worth a try, right wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

hapnin son..........av just bought my Lupo GTi i get it on wednesday, it's got 18k on the clock full history on an 02 plate and ive jsut paid 9 and a bit, its got leather and sunroof as well like but your gettin a good deal by the sounds of things. I thought my insurance was going to kill me moving from a 1.4 53 plate golf to a lupo GTi but i got insurance for £1200 under my dads name with CIS............Go on buy it!

i've had my gti loop for about 3 months now, loved every second of it! moved up from a 96 polo to a 03 plate, was paying £500 fully comp for the polo with churchill, now paying £900 fully comp for the loop, with protected ncd! oh, and i'm 26!