insurance

joey lupo

ooo bad times just bought a lupo sport and its insurance time! biggist con in the world if u ask me but u gota have it..

just wanted to know how to get the cheapist insurance and what good companys to ring up (im 17 =])

joe

You really should've checked the insurane before purchasing! Get your mum on the policy as a named driver and you may find it will drop a little, but I would still suggest buying some Vaseline or KY Jelly!

:huh:

oooo 1.4 sport and 17, going to be a killer! i would say try quinn direct but not sure what the current situation is with them?

All private and household policies due to renew between the 30th March and 9th April (inclusive) can be renewed. If your renewal date falls after 9th April we will not be in a position to renew the policy. Any customers who have received renewal notices with renewal dates after 9th April and before 29th April will receive a “renewal retract” letter in the coming days. Renewals after 29th April will receive a renewal decline letter in the coming days. For the avoidance of doubt the above instructions includes direct commercial vehicle policies with one vehicle.

not sure what goin to happen with my NCB though :confused:

Quinn Insurance Limited has ceased writing business in the UK. Existing policyholders will not be affected by this decision as existing policies will remain valid. Customers can make claims in the normal way. bad timesss

yh i looked into insurance and i should be fine with monthly payments..

the car is standard probly stay that way for abit but wouldn't mind some coilovers was looking into them

joe

Add an experienced driver to your insurance as that will help bring it down.

Oddly putting my missus on my insurance reduces it by £100 and her adding me brings it down by the same.

Either way though at 17 you're gonna get screwed on insurance. One thing I'm glad about being and oldey (27) is that insurance on my Lupo Sport is about £250. :)

It went up a load on household this time last year. Buggers.

If it's any consolation, I just got quoted £450 FC with protected NCB on a 2001 RS4 Avant with MTM flippertyjibbetry. Thats only £150 more than my Fiesta 1.25 Style.

ive jst renewed ma insurance. £840 fully comp in my own name. im 19 and have 3points :angry: not to bad a supose. good luck.

thats an 04 sport with the coilovers on the insurance.

Edited by p900rty

I just paid £1360 for fully comp on my 1.2 16v 2010 Clio with LV.

This INCLUDES my 15% staff discount!!

But they were the best by far, AVIVA wanted £4,000 and no 'compare' website could give me a quote below £2000. Also my LV policy covers me for a lot more than any others seemed to, such as up to 180 days a year European cover - great for the road trips!!

I'm 21, 0 years no claims as it's my first car but also no motoring convictions. Crazy prices!!

Roll on this time next year when *touch wood* I'll be renewing with a years no claims and it can reduce considerably!

Edited by bjblyth

its insurance time! biggist con in the world if u ask me

How is it the biggest con in the world? If anything - It's a bargain!

You pay £500-2000 for a years worth of insurance. If you drive into someone and spin off and damage a building, You could be liable for anything near £200,000 worth of damage repairs!

Your insurance pay this liability for you... Unless of course you're rich enough in which case, I believe you can self certify...

Add an experienced driver to your insurance as that will help bring it down.

Oddly putting my missus on my insurance reduces it by £100 and her adding me brings it down by the same.

Either way though at 17 you're gonna get screwed on insurance. One thing I'm glad about being and oldey (27) is that insurance on my Lupo Sport is about £250. :)

i would of thought adding your missus would make it go up :P