AP or Vmaxx coilovers

Rusl

You can't really compare them to be honest! It's like comparing Asda 'George' with 'Quiksilver' or 'Adidas'.

V-Maxx are total crap made by the same people who make 'Janspeed', 'TA Technix', 'JOM', 'Hot Tuning' and all the other budget rubbish.

AP Fahrwerk are owned by KW Automotive well known for being one of the best suspension manufacturers.

Edited by nfbr

I don't think that's the best comparison, a George shirt will do the same job as an Adidas shirt, IMO. :P

Same price? VMaxx ones can be got from PhilJ on clubpolo for a shade over #200, aren't AP's closer to #400?

Have a look at "The Definitive Coilover Thread", everything you need to know is in there.

Kam Racing has some FKs for ÂŁ200 if thats of any use?

I have these on mine and i cannot fault them one bit. Although, i have never had other coilovers.

The front can be lowered quite alot and still offers a great ride. Unfortunately, every road to my house has speed bumps so i had to raise it up a little. The rears are not hight adjustable and lowers the car about 40mm. I have some pictures here

I got them for ÂŁ230ish i cant remember from Kam Racing.

I ran a set of AP's on my last lupo and i honestly couldn't fault em, i ran them really low and the fronts still had more to go, and the rear sat nicely with adjusters out, on top of that the ride also really nice :).

I have had both AP and vmaxx and the AP are far far better, go lower, better handling, easy to adjust and good ride quality.

Though i now want KW but thats cause i always want better. :)

I've had AP's on my Loop for just about a year now. Excellent product, no leaking seals and the adjusters are perfect working order assuming you grease them properly when fitting ;) But yeah, ride is comfortable, and not too bouncy at all. Recommended.

You can't really compare them to be honest! It's like comparing Asda 'George' with 'Quiksilver' or 'Adidas'.

V-Maxx are total crap made by the same people who make 'Janspeed', 'TA Technix', 'JOM', 'Hot Tuning' and all the other budget rubbish.

AP Fahrwerk are owned by KW Automotive well known for being one of the best suspension manufacturers.

The Janspeed coilovers do come out of Holland too but are not the same as all the rebranded kits such as V-Maxx / TA Technix / Hot Tuning / Raceland etc.

Personally I'd go for the AP ones as they use top quality components unlike the budget V-Maxx..