Lost my virginity... :(

Jabo

I've just recently posted here that I had (yes, had till 6pm tonight) 13 years accident free driving...

Some bloomin' DICKHEAD rammed my Loop from behind....

He must have tried very hard since it was on A1(M) exit sliproad going uphill (to go over motorway) just at the rond about....

Luckily I was the first car to go and just lifted foot of the brake pedal when I felt a massive shunt up my Loops ass...

Got pushed all the way to the middle of the round about - luckily nothing was coming form the right otherwise....

I am in pretty good shape, stirred but not shaken, just aking everywhere, neck epsecially and my back where the kidneys are...

Here are some piccies, tell me peeps, is it going to cost much to repair (is shown structural damage serious?

BUMPER.jpg

That's how it looks from outside. Kudos to VW for good work, you can barely see any damage. Police pulled bumper out using crow bar. Was wrapped under the tailgate and above the passenger wheel. It look terrible...

dA%20BUMPA%20RIGHT.jpg

Drivers side came off as well, ripped from fixings.

CRASHBAR.jpg

CRASHBAR2.jpg

rippedheatshield.jpg

SPLITBODYWORK.jpg

WHEEL.jpg

What do you think?

I managed to drive home.

Dickheads Golf MK4 GTI, guess what, a company car, had drivers headlamp anihilated and whole upper drivers front side badly damaged.

Airbags didn't go off in neither of cars.

Glad to hear your ok mate, take it easy. If i was you though id claim for as much as you can as he's got company car insurance. I have no idea about the structural damage though, im no mechanic sorry

sorry to see that, cant say I have much idea about the repair work but it doesnt look too bad (considering you got shunted by a heavy beast mk 4) know if It was my loop i would see no option but just to get it sorted.

i use that junction to go on the m25 coming home from my gfs. people really do go up there at some speed & it can catch u out (as sadly proven using your car)

QUOTE(paulbin)
cant say for sure but just looks like u need a new bumper and back moulding, and it looks like the car just needs pulling back into position

You think geometry is ****ed?.... I am starting not to like this crap at all...

Cheers guys for good words.

I coming out of shock slowly, begining to remember things more clearly now.

I saw the same car driving like mad just before the exit...

Luckily I was about to move and lifted brle pedal, doesn't bear thinking what would have happened if I had brakes hard on...

crap, now everything starts to ache... I wish I thought about taking some piccies with my mobile at the scene....

sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

That really sucks... personally I'd say insist on VW doing the repair work - that way any warranty should remain, and they won't use any third party parts.

I'm sure that you also know that you should get a doc to check you out as well... even if you feel more or less ok now, there might be a longer lasting injury or one that emerges later.

To me mate (im not an enginner but I deel with a lot of accident repairs) it looks like the chassis could be slightly twisted.

If you look at the spare wheel well, where its pulled out, it looks twisted slightly.

Hope it all works out mate, and you really should get yourself checked out, as impact injeries normally take some time to show themselfs.

So sorry for you bud.

As with everyone else, so sorry to hear what happened sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> . It will cost a fair bit to sort but it aint ur fault so at least u wont have 2 pay for the repairs. But dont look at it as a bad thing, every cloud... now it will be off the road for sorting so how about colour coding or a kit to cheer urself up? It'll make u feel better!

As with everyone else here I'm glad that you are OK after the shunt.

If it was his fault then it will be claimed on his company insurance so my advice is to get every last penny that you can out of them. Stick it into your VW repair shop and let them make the decision of what it needs and tell them it will be paid for by his insurance and that you want no expense spared to get your car back in line.

If it needs major work then they will be able to tell you and fix it right still keeping your VW waranty as bossjohn said.

Thanks guys! Really appreciate you caring smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I am going to get checked by a GP this morning. It's begining to hurt now and neck is getting stiffer and stiffer...

Anyway, nuff wingingThanks guys! Really appreciate you caring smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I am going to get checked by a GP this morning. It's beginning to hurt now and neck is getting stiffer and stiffer...

Anyway, enough winging, I called Tesco yesterday to get it sorted ASAP and they told they have a garage in my town which repairs VWs using original parts and VW processes.

Called local VW garage wanting to get it done there as advised by you fellas but they don’t have bodyshop here. VW with body shop is to far away for my liking; I want to be able to see my Loop being mended smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />. They also told that my warranty is not going to be affected in any way if original parts are used.

About compensation for whiplash, how do you go about it? Obviously I’ve never had to use insurance before so I am slightly clueless…

I just hope and pray that chassis is not bent too much or at all preferably and it’s only superficial damage…

I keep replaying the whole in my memory thinking about possible ways of me avoiding the whole thing… but there seems to be none, I had nowhere to go na way to get out of that ****heads way… he must have been doing 80mph easily, I am driving that bit of road everyday and I did it at different speeds, dry, wet, heavy rain, snow – any condition imaginable – never had any problems stopping there since it’s quite steep uphill…. And it was bone dry. When I asked him what happened? Why did he drove into me he just said ‘I don’t know, one moment I am driving the other I am crashed into you’ – yeah, right, I saw ****brain driving like a maniac through the tunnel and on the exit’s approach… I wish I had p88bel’s rear view camera set to ‘record’ smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />.

not good, glad it wasn't too serious though and your car looks quite easily repairable. On the whiplash thing i'd see your GP and tell your insurers aboue it, you've probably got legal cover which will go after their insurers for compensation for you.

The main thing is that you are ok!! Try not to worry too much about getting your car sorted, just follow this advise:

and tell them it will be paid for by his insurance and that you want no expense spared to get your car back in line.
Dont come away from this without being happy with the repair on your car, if you notice any niggles get it straight back to the garage! Dont wait and think itll be ok. With regards to you getting componsation, you dont find any easier cases to pay out for, if i was you i would take some time off sick from work (stress/back and neck pain related) and as allready stated speak to your doctor who should be able to point u in the right direction. Open and shut case! Oh yeah and remember that back/neck pain cannot be proven so even if you were fine and you went in to the doctors saying that youve been in a road accident and that your back and neck hurt, there would be no conclusive proof that you are telling the truth or not. There would only be the facts; youve been in a crash (not your own fault) and your neck and back hurts

Thanks again everybody!

I've been to the best GP in my surgery and got his diagnosis: 'Severe whiplash injury'.

He also prescribed me strong painkillers and strong antyinflamatory drugs as well as sending me straight to physio therapist. I cannot drive after this drugs but it feels rosy after them biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Physio forbid me to go to work, I have to stay home, sit on the sofa, ice on my neck and shoulders and keep my hands on pillows while sitting. She also said it will get much worse in next two days - luckily I'll be dragged and quite oblivious to the whole thing tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I called the office and told them I am staying away till the end of the week.

Called insurance (both work and Tesco) and all is going to be covered. I also have legal advice (thx Crusoe) so their lawyers will be in contact with me within a week to sort out all claims.

So thanks Diamondblack, Dan, Paul, LoopyLupo, M1 Lupo, John, Tigz, Adam, DJ and Dare fro warm words.

Will keep you posted how things are developing. I am just so glad that thanks God I didn't have brakes hard on.... and billards ball effect happened (instead of crumpling the back of my car it got pushed forward).

The scariest thing was that the passenger side of my car (back seat) is where I have my boys child seat installed.... it got my imagination going in the scary direction.... ( I don't think I'll be driving Mat in Lupo any more sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Passat Estate is more of a tank.

P.S. I am begenning to spend compensation money on mods already tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />.

P.S.S. The whole feeling of getting hit from behind and not expecting it at all was quite similar to getting hit by surprise in the head during a street fight with more than one thug at a time.

P.S.S.S I had a look in ELSA to see how many body parts would need to be replaced... doesn't look rosy at all sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

QUOTE(Jabo)
P.S.S. The whole feeling of getting hit from behind and not expecting it at all was quite similar to getting hit by surprise in the head during a street fight with more than one thug at a time.

Never been hit up the back, but I know what being hit in the back of the head by several thugs is like, although I was unconscious shortly afterwards!!

Good that you're doing things the right way at least - I really hope for your sake that there's no long term injury, and I just hope it works out well with the car, whatever happens.

Jabo man i feel your pain!!

I got hit when i was parked at the side of the road, some girl hit me doing about 30 when her windscreen was iced up! She didn't even see me to brake before hitting me! Good old mk1 stood up to it tho! :wink:

A belated, get well soon/glad you're not too bad... my thoughts are with your Lupo smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

claim repairs of him then get ur incurance comp to get u a free solicitor or get a no win no free. U can get loads for just claimimg injuries like u got whip lash (cant not be rpoven un proven) say ur sex life has gona etc... make up crap got a few k!

Thanks peeps. You already make me feel better (+ happy pills which really kicked in this morning, had to ask my wife to go and get the replacement car -bl00dy C0rsa, would you believe?? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> - since I am not able to drive I am so drowsy)

My insurance has free legal cover and solicitors are going to contact me next week.

I don't have to try to think about things which went wrong because of the accident, there are plenty of damages to pursue recuperation from sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Funny you mentioned sex life Bikerz - it is gone for the moment (I hope it'll be back asap!!!)

I cant work (doctor discouraged using my workstation, all I can do is sit on my sofa with my arms supported by two pillows), I can't play with my son since I am forbiden to lift him at all...

If it was a genuine road accodent, where set of circumstances was such that nobody could do anything to prevent it then I would pursue anything, just get my car fixed. But in this case... I am going to sue his socks off.

I hate this arrogant ****ers thinking they're kings of the road and can do anything with their cars deluding themselves they are excellent drivers.

I hope I'll be able to teach him a lesson which may prevent him from killing somebody on the roads in future...

QUOTE(bossjohnc)

Never been hit up the back, but I know what being hit in the back of the head by several thugs is like, although I was unconscious shortly afterwards!!

Welcome to the club then smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I spent two weeks bed boudn looking like an alien (10mm of blood discharge from broken vessels in the skin of my head) with intravenous lines sticking from both of my arms when I was 18...

They said I am only alive because I heve very thick skull bones biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />