Why am I getting ice inside my car!

Hi! With this cold weather the inside of my windscreen keeps icing up!! then theres water drops inside when it melts so I have to keep wiping it, whats goinnn onnn!?

I have the same problem, inside of my car is soaking.

Did sit in the snow for a while though.

Check round all the window seals, the water was getting in through my rear window seals.

Cheers, ive washed my car and its been raining loads and theres no sign of a leak. Weather its just the condensation freezing as Naif said

halfords sell a condensation catcher for about 4 quid, look in the caravan section. It's a plastic tray that you put white crystals in, they absorb the moisture from the car and drop it into a catch tray below, which you can then empty out. Takes a little while to start working, but i've found it quite effective

As above check the mats - I have rubber mats which collect water and pointing the heater to the footwell will make the water evaporate but when you park up it will just condense out on the windscreen and turn to ice if it's really cold. Best thing is to take the mats out the car to dry them, leave the blower pointing to the windscreen or face when driving, and leave the air recirc button pushed in when it's parked up.

this was happening to mine, i found out i had a leak in the windscreen seals. its dryed out now after three days with a fan heater lol.

push on the carpet just to make sure you cant hear any scwelching noises.

"someone" is going to vandalise my windscreen on thursday so im gonna get it replaced on insurance :D

this was happening to mine, i found out i had a leak in the windscreen seals. its dryed out now after three days with a fan heater lol.

push on the carpet just to make sure you cant hear any scwelching noises.

"someone" is going to vandalise my windscreen on thursday so im gonna get it replaced on insurance :D

Ooo what a shame :( lol! think that might happen to me one day

One way to avoid condensation build up is to always have the fan on when the car's on. Make sure it's at least set to '1' for a constant circulation of air. I know of people that drive with their blowers off all the time and their cars stink of damp.

Nice of you to admit your perjury and insurance fraud on an open forum, perhaps the insurance co. will find you before it decides to spread the premium increase over the rest of us.

Nice of you to admit your perjury and insurance fraud on an open forum, perhaps the insurance co. will find you before it decides to spread the premium increase over the rest of us.

you beat me to it!!

bit of a twa tish thing to do really!!!

lmao he hasnt admitted anything as im aware :P he might of been told someone is going to smash it because theyre jealous maybe? lol :P

yerr i found that! i always park it pointing uphill on my drive :lol:

do you reckon i should take the carpet up slightly to help it dry or just let it dry as it is, i can hear the water scwelching when i press down on the floor!!

so i will just get the window re-sealed, my uncle said i should take a hammer to it and get it replaced via insurance :rolleyes:

:coffee: