paz

andyloop

bit of a dissapointment having to make this post but seems to be the only way to provoke a reaction after phone calls text messages pms and emails have all been ignore.

I recently bought a lupo gti engine and gearbox from Paz after I lost 6th gear in my own gearbox and so wanted to change it.

I contacted Paz and spoke to him and was assure that all was well with both engine and gearbox. great I thought so hired a trailer and picked it up. quick look over while I was there and all looked fine. after all he seemed genuine over the phone and I had been assured it was ok.

got it back to the mechanics workshop and left it to be fitted. no worries.

that was until I got a call from the mechanic, all was not well.

it turns out that after removing my lump he had started to inspect the "good" gearbox and found it was f##ked.

after inspection it was found that the diff had let go stripped all of it's teeth which had good through the box chipping almost every gear, before neatly punching a whole through the bell housing dropping all the oil so it was almost dry inside, the diff housing had then rubbed hard on the casing.

so in short the box that I was told was running fine was complete scrap.

I appreciate buying an engine without hearing it running is a bad idea, but when you have no other choice and you have been told buy a frequent user on a large forum, you tend to have a little trust.

so a big thanks to you Paz for stealing 500 pounds from me!

Just a few questions.

Did you not notice the hole in the housing ?

was the box seperated from the engine on purchase , if not why didnt you seperate it and do a very simple checks like turning the shaft ?

Where did the lad get the engine and box from, did he remove it or did he buy it ?

no the whole was on the inside of the bell housing and couldn't be seen.

it was bought as a complete unit so engine was bolted to gearbox.

he said he had a complete car as spares.

like I say, it was my mistake to trust him.

bit of a dissapointment having to make this post but seems to be the only way to provoke a reaction after phone calls text messages pms and emails have all been ignore.

If Paz is able to contact the buyer, I will remove the thread.

But I will only lock it for now incase he isn't aware he has calls, texts or emails from you.

Paz or Andy, please click 'report' once contact has been made, and one of us will remove the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

bit of an update.

I still haven't had any contact from Paz. I've been on holiday so was hoping to have an email or pm but there was nothing.

to answere the above question no I haven't actually spoken to Paz, not for want of trying, I had 2 of his mobile numbers which I was phoning and txting but I gave up after no reply.

I'm not going to start posting in all of his threads but i know he has had a link to this pm'ed to him and I can't belive he hasn't bothered to reply.

He's definately around as his posts are still being updated.

If this isn't resolved soon, I'll remove his marketplace access. You'll still be able to get in touch with him, but he wont be able to trade on here anymore.

Fair play Matty, to be honest, he seems okay if you go and collect, i'm lucky enough to be able to go and pick up.

Yea this is true! Im the same I go an collect and he has always been fine with me!

Big shame about the gearbox dude, I hope you manage to get it sorted with him :(

I have contacted Paz about a Wing for my lupo and door.

I got a PM straight back saying the price now i have sent him 2 PM's and a reply on his topic and he hasnt contacted be back, its been around a week and i know he has been online.

Should i be worryed and not buy from him?

Should i be worryed and not buy from him?

I'd say that's a safe bet.

I duno why Rich hasn't been on here yet... He bought a rear badge off him which was said to be in "good condition" and it looked like it'd come off a car in a rear end smash!

I ended up sending one out to him myself

I'd say that's a safe bet.

I duno why Rich hasn't been on here yet... He bought a rear badge off him which was said to be in "good condition" and it looked like it'd come off a car in a rear end smash!

I ended up sending one out to him myself

I contacted the Mods about Paz when this thread first appeared. I don´t think I´m doing anyone a mis-service when I say he let me down too. He took my money, didnt send the good and then sent me a refund after over ten days without any explanation or any apology. I´d advise anyone to avoid unless you can collect.

He sold me an airbag slipring which was supposed to be taken off a Lupo Gti. The one he sent was from a Mk4 Golf.

I won't be buying from him again!

Edited by zilpha

Paz sold me a knackered CD player. Has said he would look out for another but has not refunded my cash. Beware do not send cash as gift via Paypal.

If you do you cannot raise a dispute. I have flagged up to mods this issue.