Lupo

99hjhm

Comfort indicators are ace, I keep flicking the stalk when i get into the Lupo (Fabia is my daily), I would love to retro fit to the Lupo... please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Mat

Looking good James :shades:

Comfort Indicators

This car just keeps getting better and better, taking OEM to the max! :wub:

Comfort indicators hard to fit?

Also with regards to the flip key how easy was it?

Does it need reprogramming at the dealers?

Want to sell me your Mk5 trim Ryan?? :lol:;)

Comfort Indicators...

Are Not that bad..... Need to whip ot the head unit, pull out the hazard switch(which is also the flasher unit) then cut 5 wires and piggy back in 5 from the unit that can be seen in the pictures... Using little crimped terminals supplied in the kit... It's a great gadget.

This is the kit I bought....

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3eeedb4a4d

Can also be had from the dealers.... Part No: 000 998 229 at the same price.

Flip Keys...

I think I'm going to do another 'How To' on the flip keys as the info is very confusing, the hardest part is getting the key blade cut, as most places claim they cant do it. I took the transponders from the old keys and fitted them into the Flip keys. You could have them programmed at the dealers if you wanted more than two keys that would start the car.

Again.. ebay is the place for flip keys, I only buy new ones... Expect to pay £30 for them.

There are many different types, me and mikem found that the ones with a AH suffix on the part number work on a GTI, and are three buttons, so allow you to unlock the boot.

Something like this....

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item439bc4d5f6

I have loads of pictures inside the flip keys.. Need to post them somewhere.

Thanks for the comments guys. :) :)

Edited by 99hjhm

So a few pics off my phone..

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

Auto dipping mirror, total cow to wire up, still not sure if it's right, and the compass still needs calibrating.

DSC00013.jpgModdified inside the chrome Polo button so it fitted onto the Lupo, might try and fit the trimmed sleve onto the Lupo lever as the plastic is different texture.

Also polished all the interior paint work, glazed it with black hole(which is a great product) and cleaned all the door shuts.

New wheels should be here tomorrow. :) :)

Edited by 99hjhm

Thanks for the comments :)

Think I'm running out of idea's :lol:

Got loads of parts waiting to go on after the winter, still need to get some coilovers ( :angry: ), have the new wheels sorted now. Then trim.

Wanted to give the car a real good clean today, but feel really ill. Hope I can make the Megameet on wednesday.

Forgot to say.. I updated the list of all the mods I've done in the first post.

Edited by 99hjhm

Looking good mate. I like the comfort indicator idea and did not realise it could be retro fitted.........might have to give my VW contact a call!

Yep... Didn't really know my self, bought the kit off eBay, then checked the part number on ETKA, and it's listed to fit a Lupo. None of the wire colours matched up, but we got there in the end.

Anything gonna go on with the interior seat wise?

haha.. Yes.. Want to go for the Mk5 Golf GTI interior.. Pretty old mod now, but I still like it.

.. And I now have some new wheels. B) Need to get some OEM centers to go on them, which won't be cheap.

haha.. No! But if you are interested, I can look it up. I dont think it actually gives the wiring colours in the kit, but Bosch terminal numbers.. Which don't match either.

TBH.. I just thought people would think it's a gimmic. Had loads of people ask me about it.

Colours and terminal No's on new control relay........ Colour on Lupo loom and flasher/hazard unit terminal No's

Brown(31)................ Brown(31)

Black/White(15)........ Black/Grey(75a) Not 100% sure on this one, but it is choice of 3 wires... 99% though.

Green/White(49a)..... Black/Yellow(49a)

Green(49R).............. Black/Green®

White(49L)............... Black/White(L)

You need the Mk3 Golf/Vento kit as listed in my previous post, Although a Mk4 kit will work, with less wiring, not sure if there is space for the loom in the Lupo though.

Here is the place i got mine...

http://vwgolfr32.co.uk/shop/Retrofit-Comfort-Indicators.htm

I would do a how to, but it is a LOT of effort to get the MFD out due to all the stuff I have connected to the back of it...

Edited by 99hjhm

Ive just wired mine in adn have taken some pics along the way so can put up a how to if people want later.

99hjhm your pairing of wires is correct 100%.

Works really well and alot easier for everyday driving. May rewire mine at some point into the original pins on the hazard connector just so it looks a little bit neater.

Ive just wired mine in adn have taken some pics along the way so can put up a how to if people want later.

99hjhm your pairing of wires is correct 100%.

Works really well and alot easier for everyday driving. May rewire mine at some point into the original pins on the hazard connector just so it looks a little bit neater.

I think the Mk4 Golf kit allows a neater job. Email me the pics if you could, I'd like them for future reference.

Where did you end up putting the new unit, mines hanging down the side of the DIN cage. I have far to much stuff in there.

Another update...

These came today...

16" BBS RC's

DSC00149.jpg

Think I need to get a set of Golf Anni center caps for them now.

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

Aux socket connected to my iPod link, spotted this at the dealers in the new Golf's and Scirocco's, needed alot of work by a friend of mine and the plug that fits the rear isn't avaliable from VW, but now works.

DSC00148.jpg

Yeah i placed mine down the side at the back of the din slot. Will upload pics and mail them over to you later.

Managed to break one of the pins on refitting so gotta replace that one at some point.

Like the aux in point.

DickyP/ Adams old wheels?? Very nice :)

Will you ever stop :lol:

Yes.. From Adam, been going round in circles trying to get a set. :wub:

Yes.. Stop.. Soon enough.

Don't worry Colin, will never be in your league. :(